lossless files

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Could anyone please tell me how i can convert my i tune files to lossless. I have already converted them all to 320kbps but would like to go to the highest possible quality. Thanks Leigh

A

Anonymous

Thanks daveh75 for your reply. So how do i re-rip in a lossless format?

nads

change you setting in iTunes to rip in apple lossless.

or use a different ripping software and rip to what ever you want. But you will be putting your CDs back into the PC one by one again.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Probably worth pointing out that, once you've changed your settings as Dave says to Apple Lossless, if you right click on an existing 320 Kbps file, it will give you the option "Create Apple Lossless Version" - don't be fooled! All this will do is create a larger Apple Lossless version of the 320 Kbps file you have - it won't be a lossless version of the original recording as you can't put back the detail which has been lost.

So, as pointed out, you will have to then re-rip all your music once this setting has been changed from the original CD. Depending on the size of your music collection, this can be an arduous task (took me a week on and off of adding and removing CDs in and of the tray!). However, if that seems like too much, it might be easier just to do your favourite CDs first and then, as you generally want to listen to a CD, quickly rip it first (generally only takes a few minutes) and then slowly build up the lossless collection that way.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts