Looks like going back to Richer Sounds again Reciever is playing up again!

Ian986

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
My Pioneer reciever is playing up again does not like selecting source can take it three or five attemps to to get it to play a selected source and sometimes, when watching a blu ray it goes back to the sky source setting! It is driving me crazy

It is a pain to disconnect and re connect I had a sony reciever for years and never a problem I wonder if pioneer has gone down hill since onkyo has taken over? Maybe I should buy Yamaha next time ?

abacus

If connected via HDMI, every piece of equipment is supposed to be able to communicate with each other, (Unless the feature is disabled) so it’s possible that another piece of equipment is sending the command to change inputs. (ARC can be a right pain)

It’s possible that another remote happens to be using the same remote code that the Pioneer uses to change channel, and could also cause a problem. (Also check on the remote that one of the buttons is not stuck down causing intermittent contact)

If none of the above, re-set to factory settings (Instructions are in the manual) to see if this solves the problem. (This will identify a setting problem)

Hope this helps

Bill

Ian986

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
abacus said:
If connected via HDMI, every piece of equipment is supposed to be able to communicate with each other, (Unless the feature is disabled) so it’s possible that another piece of equipment is sending the command to change inputs. (ARC can be a right pain)

It’s possible that another remote happens to be using the same remote code that the Pioneer uses to change channel, and could also cause a problem. (Also check on the remote that one of the buttons is not stuck down causing intermittent contact)

If none of the above, re-set to factory settings (Instructions are in the manual) to see if this solves the problem. (This will identify a setting problem)

Hope this helps

Bill

Thanks for this Bill I will try this and see what happens !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts