Looks like Cambridge Audio 4k Blu-ray players is going belly up too

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2018/04/02/oppo-shock-popular-av-brand-announces-that-its-time-to-say-goodbye/#1540ef1a3acc

D

Deleted member 2457

Yep, you did.
thumbs_up.png

D

Deleted member 2457

Yep, if I had known all the problems with Dolby Vision and had the Sony been out I’d have bought the Sony too.
thumbs_up.png

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Al ears said:
simonlewis said:
Their is always panasonic UB820 which is due to be launched soon.

Does it play SACD discs?
the Oppo does play SACDs but I have had to unplug the hdmi cable from it as for some reason I get sound dropouts if I keep that connected to my TV .

My CD player that I normally use for music playback is having firmware update at the moment at the Yamaha service centre so I am having to use the Oppo instead for music playback which sounds ok

But if i leave the hdmi cable that does ARC I get sound dropouts so I discovered because the Oppo shows you on your TV screen the album cover and album info while your playing the CDs or sacds which normally I do not have the tv on as the Oppo is plumed into my Yamaha A-S3000 using RCAs but switching the tv on to find out if I had to change a setting to stop the sound dropouts but couldn’t find any settings to sort this so I took the hdmi out of the tv and it sorted it out .

Blacksabbath25 said:
Al ears said:
simonlewis said:

Does it play SACD discs?
the Oppo does play SACDs but I have had to unplug the hdmi cable from it as for some reason I get sound dropouts if I keep that connected to my TV .

My CD player that I normally use for music playback is having firmware update at the moment at the Yamaha service centre so I am having to use the Oppo instead for music playback which sounds ok

But if i leave the hdmi cable that does ARC I get sound dropouts so I discovered because the Oppo shows you on your TV screen the album cover and album info while your playing the CDs or sacds which normally I do not have the tv on as the Oppo is plumed into my Yamaha A-S3000 using RCAs but switching the tv on to find out if I had to change a setting to stop the sound dropouts but couldn’t find any settings to sort this so I took the hdmi out of the tv and it sorted it out .

Strange that as I have my old Oppo 105eu connected directly to TV with HDMI but can play SACD no problems at all.....

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Al ears said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Al ears said:
simonlewis said:

Does it play SACD discs?

Strange that as I have my old Oppo 105eu connected directly to TV with HDMI but can play SACD no problems at all.....
I haven’t got a clue why it does this on mine as I am not using my Av just my normal amplifier and using the Oppo 203 till my CD player comes back but this is what I found out when I started to use the Oppo for playing music but normally the Oppo is faultless with films .

But Anyway that’s what I have discovered having the hdmi cable still plugged into the Tv it makes the sound dropout now and again when playing music though the Oppo .

Blacksabbath25 said:
Al ears said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Al ears said:
simonlewis said:

Does it play SACD discs?

I haven’t got a clue why it does this on mine as I am not using my Av just my normal amplifier and using the Oppo 203 till my CD player comes back but this is what I found out when I started to use the Oppo for playing music but normally the Oppo is faultless with films .

But Anyway that’s what I have discovered having the hdmi cable still plugged into the Tv it makes the sound dropout now and again when playing music though the Oppo .

Strange one, sorry to hear that but at least you seem to have found a solution if somewhat inconvenient.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Al ears said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Al ears said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Al ears said:
simonlewis said:

Does it play SACD discs?

Strange one, sorry to hear that but at least you seem to have found a solution if somewhat inconvenient.
it’s some sort of feedback from my Sony Tv which I have read Sony TVs can have handshake issues though hdmi cables and when you have the hdmi connected to the Oppo and the Tv you have WiFi involved because the Oppo is finding the album artwork and album information on your Tv display as well as playing the cd or sacds .

I just found the fix by accident really unless I can tell the Oppo not to display the album info on my Tv and have the Oppo work independently so the Tv is not involved .

TRENDING THREADS