Looking to start new CD collection

audionoob

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Hello all I'm new to this forum and this subject in general I'm looking to delete all of my trash mp3 files that i have amassed over the last few years and go back to building my cd collection up. I was so naive up till recently that i thought mp3 files were superior quality to cds but how wrong i have been it seems. I would like to ask though i have noticed alot of differen't CD types being mentioned here what is the best type to go for usually? Also I'm looking to start my new collection with MTV's unplugged series does anyone know of a good place to start buying these from?

Petherick

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
Hi and welcome.
If by different types of CD you mean SACD or DVD-A then be aware that you need an appropriate player for these discs. Also you won't be able to rip these easily. What player will you be using?
Ebay or thatsentertainment.com are starting points for building a collection.

Is good for new and used CDs, dependant on musical taste, you can pick CDs up for literally pennies.

In general, CDs are becoming very cheap practically everywhere.

In addition, CD players are very affordable, there are bargains out there to be had.

pauln

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
Try and avoid "digitally remastered" versions of older classics, they are generally not as good as the originals - more compressed. With a bit of research on discogs and the DR database you can pick up some bargains on ebay.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey ive been buying loads of cds recently and after using record store and play.com the best place is amazon - delivery is almost a day or 2. I store all my cds on my pc using jriver and so far ive got 2020 songs - in flac format and its enough music to last 6.2 days playing non stop and only takes up under 60gig.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Im also a fan and have quiet a few unplugged cds - go on amazon and type mtv unplugged and got loads of options depending what style you like.

Unplugged i can vouch for: florence and the machine, neil young, korn, nivarna,

Still looking for a paramore unplugged set and smashing pumpkins

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
A great example of the breed is Kasabians Spotify session, which, you guessed correctly, is not available on CD (or vinyl) unveryfortunately.

Even so, fantastic.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts