Question Looking for heavy bass headphones

Freemanas

Oct 31, 2020
Visit site
I'll just copy my form from r/headphones for you guys, if you have any recommendations - please write it down, can't decide which headphones to get.
I was thinking about some products from Skullcandy, but not sure if wireless technology will have same bass as wired.

• Budget - 100-250 euros.
  • Source - LAPTOP, sometimes PHONE. If its needed I can get amplifier as well.
  • Requirements for Isolation - I don't need any isolation.
  • Will you be using these Headphones in Public? I'm not planning to use it in Public places, only home.
  • Preferred Type of Headphone - Prefering full-sized headphones, been using iEMS for years, and finally, I'm able to switch and get normal headphones.
  • Preferred tonal balance - I'm interested in bass heavy headphones, cannot decide which headphones to purchase in my price range and need your advice. I'm not able to test in shops as well, so these headphones going to be bought online.
  • Past headphones - Sony MDRXB50AP Extra Bass Earbud Headphones - Used those for one year, they are budget but did their job right, felt strong, powerfull bass which for me was so far enough.
  • Preferred Music - Main genre is edm including most edm subgenres (future house and etc)/dance/trap/chill which bassed on edm.There's some examples:
    View: https://youtu.be/ECDpOgHgIFw?list=LL
    View: https://youtu.be/uztmS3qQ2aE?list=LL
    View: https://youtu.be/dD5-lmdNpM0?list=LL
  • What would you like to improve on from your set-up - Interested into getting more bass heavy headphones, those headphones which I had used, provided good bass for that value.
Prefering wired.
LOCATION - EU, LITHUANIA

D

Deleted member 188533

I don't know about pricing for you but I'd look at something like the 80ohm Beyerdynamic DT 770s or the Meze 99 Classics. Both are closed back, easy to drive and both have very good bass. A little more refined with less sub bass and slam but very good extension would be something like the AKG K712 Pro. It's harder to drive than the 770s or 99 Classics though. I listen to a bit of EDM and the K712 works fine for it.

If you can find one on the used market the Massdrop x Fostex TH/TR-X00 series has the best bass under $1000. They aren't in production anymore though and were always rare in Europe so that's probably not an option. You might get lucky on ebay or similar.

Freemanas

Oct 31, 2020
Visit site
I don't know about pricing for you but I'd look at something like the 80ohm Beyerdynamic DT 770s or the Meze 99 Classics. Both are closed back, easy to drive and both have very good bass. A little more refined with less sub bass and slam but very good extension would be something like the AKG K712 Pro. It's harder to drive than the 770s or 99 Classics though. I listen to a bit of EDM and the K712 works fine for it.

If you can find one on the used market the Massdrop x Fostex TH/TR-X00 series has the best bass under $1000. They aren't in production anymore though and were always rare in Europe so that's probably not an option. You might get lucky on ebay or similar.
A lot people recommends Meze products, but they always described as neutral compared to for example - skullcandy, why?

And DT 770's as well recommended by a lot people but to get decent bass I'll need amplifier for sure?

A lot people recommends Meze products, but they always described as neutral compared to for example - skullcandy, why?

And DT 770's as well recommended by a lot people but to get decent bass I'll need amplifier for sure?
As explained above, by anort3 who is a bit of a headphone officionado, the DT770's are easy to drive so getting an amplifier will not improve the bass response of the headphones.

D

Deleted member 188533

There are three versions of the DT 770. 32ohm, 80ohm and 250ohm. Only the 250ohm model really needs an amplifier. The 80ohm model is generally considered the best of the three.

I've never heard anything from Skullcandy. The Meze is a warm, bassy headphone tuned to be fun. They certainly aren't neutral.

ThisIsJimmy

Nov 11, 2020
Visit site
If you can push that far as it would be the top end of your budget, instead of the Beyerdynamic DT770, consider the Beyerdynamic MX300 Gen 2s. Having owned the DT770s and own the MX300 Gen2s now, you get clearer bass and lower sub-bass extension and better trebble extension without the SSSSSS that some Beyers are known for. It also comes with a detachable cables, and a decent microphone if you want to use it as a gaming headset. At 32 Ohms, you wont need an amp either.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts