Question Looking for assistance choosing some new canalphones

Krampus

Dec 26, 2021
Visit site
Hi there.

Having lost my wired canalphones, a set of UE Metro.fi 2, I'm looking for a replacement. I'm looking at around $100 AUD, maybe a tad more. Several options seem interesting to me:

SoundMagic E11C
Beyerdymanic Soul Byrd
1More Triple Driver In-Ear
SoundMagic E50S
Sennheiser CX 5.00

I like a bit of bass like most people, but I'm not interested in that sub-bass sensation and I prefer a good representation of all frequencies. My current set of PC speakers are a Swan M10 2.1. It's subwoofer has been described more as a mid-woofer. Instead of placing it on the floor, you put it at the rear of your desk in front of you and I've never had a system that I've enjoyed more. One caveat is that I have an inherited neurological condition where my brain has difficulty processing language over lots of background noise so the vocal range is a must.

As an aside, can a triple driver be feasibly good at that price range?

I'd appreciate your thought.

Last edited:

Tinman1952

Hi there.

Having lost my wired canalphones, a set of UE Metro.fi 2, I'm looking for a replacement. I'm looking at around $100 AUD, maybe a tad more. Several options seem interesting to me:

SoundMagic E11C
Beyerdymanic Soul Byrd
1More Triple Driver In-Ear
SoundMagic E50S
Sennheiser CX 5.00

I like a bit of bass like most people, but I'm not interested in that sub-bass sensation and I prefer a good representation of all frequencies. My current set of PC speakers are a Swan M10 2.1. It's subwoofer has been described more as a mid-woofer. Instead of placing it on the floor, you put it at the rear of your desk in front of you and I've never had a system that I've enjoyed more. One caveat is that I have an inherited neurological condition where my brain has difficulty processing language over lots of background noise so the vocal range is a must.

As an aside, can a triple driver be feasibly good at that price range?

I'd appreciate your thought.
Hi. I have the 1More triple driver IEMs and they are excellent for the money. Tuned by an Emmy award winning sound engineer. Very well made and plenty of choices of ear tips. 👍

Reactions: Al ears

Krampus

Dec 26, 2021
Visit site
A bit late but I wanted to say thanks for the comments. I ended up buying the SoundMagic E11Cs. They sound phenomenal but on the downside the great passive isolation that they advertised didn't do much at all.

Reactions: bigboss

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts