Looking for some new speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello I'm currently looking for some new speakers and wanted to get some ideas of what to check out. My system consists of: Linn Sondek, Linn Genki,Roksan Caspian M-series 1 pre/power combination and Monitor audio BR2 speakers. I used to have some Castle Severn mk1 speakers that we thought were quite good. We very rarely listen to the CD player, but occasionaly listen to vinyl. Our main source of music is through a large iTunes library connected via Apple airport express direct to the amplifier. Not too fussed if the speakers are floorstanders or mounts and the budget will be around the 500 pounds mark. I have already listened to Linn Tukans which were okay, and will listen to some KEF Q300 tonight. Thanks for the help

jakesaunders27

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi

Never heard the KEF's but they are supposed to be good. I have quad speakers and love them so may be worth checking them out current models are 11L2 & 12L2 which are both in budget and floorstanders are 21L2 and 22L2 but the 22's are slightly over budget. Also look at B&W 686 or 685 which are 299 and 399 (both come in pairs)

Hope this helps

Jake

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey

I recently listened to
Heco Celan XT 301

An I was verry impressed by the sound of those shelfs. here they are arround 650€ so I think it's in the budget.

Only thing is it's not to evrybody's taste some would say they are to agressive (but it's just a tought).

Have fun

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts