Looking for a new 5.1 system + AV receiver

poldo

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

Because I moved my stereo system to another dedicated room, I can have a nice 5.1 system in the living room. The room 4*5 mtrs I already own the Pana 50G20 and the Sony S360 BD-player. I also have a good piece of furniture, the Blok Audio Superstax.

I prefer walnut or high gloss black speakers by the way and I use it for movies and games only. What sould be a nice package? Budget for the package (5.1 + AVR) = app. 2000 pounds.

Thanks in advance

rob

Hi Rob

Yamaha's new Aventage RX-A810 AV receiver and Monitor Audio Radius HD Series of sub/sat speakers are worth consideration.

2 pairs R90HD (fronts + rears), R250HD (centre) and R360HD/R370HD (sub)

or

1 R one HD (combined FL, C, FR), R45HD (rears) and R360HD/R370HD (sub)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
At the cheaper end of the market you have Q Acoustics 2000 range. Everything from small standmount speakers to big floorstanders. All available in high gloss black. Moving up you can get Monitor Audio's RX range in high gloss black, or B&W's CM range for a bit over the cost of the Monitor Audios.

Try to find a store with some of these speakers on demo.

poldo

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Q acoustics are very good priced but...I read a lot of people had some problems with the subwoofer, so maybe I could go for another subwoofer.

What subwoofer would be a nice fit to the small standmounts in 5.1? And what brand of AVR is a good match? In the past I had the Onkyo 606 which was a great piece of kit for movies, not for stereo but I don't care because I won't use it in stereo. Yamaha had some great AVR's too in the pas the RX-865 (?) was very good I used to have that Yamaha with my B&W 684 5.1 set but I sold that because I did not like the B&W HTM62 centre speaker and wanted a very good stereo system.

cheers

rob

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
Another vote for the Zensor with the Pioneer VSX-921. A tremendous amount of sound for the money and the new sub is quite tidy too- there is a review of it as part of the Fazon 5.1 pack in this months magazine.

poldo

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
They are a bargain, the small floorstanders too, great looks!

I also own the much pricier Audiovector s3 Signature but they have the same open timbre.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts