Long time no post. Need some pointers on audio streamers. No NAS!

nads

Summary.

Parents 50th wedding aniversary.

i am going to rip all the classic CDs that they have but don't listen to now.

So BT hub 5 wifi with USB port. Control by iPad. Sounds by B&O. Old but good with built in multi room.

not really wanting to use iTunes due to lack of a decent computer.

likewise a squeezebox would not be suitable. ( I have a few not being used, my old tube shaped Roku would also not really do either).

further adding of music would no be needed, but if it was I would sort that as needed.

so what is there to play the digital files?

nads

Thanks but neither really fit the request.

storage not needed. Amplification not needed, ripping not needed.

thinking more of the chromecast audio if it will do as needed. But all the info seems to only talk about Internet radio.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Why not try to download JRiver, they have a trail for 1 month, I think, and you can instal in the PC and controle t with the iphone or android.

Not a Jriver expert myself but did try it for some time and preferred my Synology NAS audio app.

SBT is another way to go!

*drinks*

daveh75

You say you're planning to rip CDs, and don't need storage but don't say where you're planning to store these files.

Personally I'd upload them to Google Play Music and buy a Chromecast Audio.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Why not try to download JRiver, they have a trail for 1 month, I think, and you can instal in the PC and controle t with the iphone or android.

Not a Jriver expert myself but did try it for some time and preferred my Synology NAS audio app.

SBT is another way to go!

*drinks*    

He said they don't have a PC and that squeezebox wasn't suitable.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
nads said:

thinking more of the chromecast audio if it will do as needed. But all the info seems to only talk about Internet radio.

sorry, but your first post wasn't that clear. Where are you ripping the cd's to? That makes a big difference on how you can play them back.

nads

cheeseboy said:
nads said:

sorry, but your first post wasn't that clear. Where are you ripping the cd's to? That makes a big difference on how you can play them back.

just a external USB hard drive. So no Software on it.

re reading the heading I might have confused the issue by saying no NAS. What I was trying to say was external hard disk/drive but that would just be storage. All indexing playing software would be in the player. IPad is available for control.

need to think on.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
maybe have a look at the rapberry pi with one it's many dacs running volumio or rune audio. Both actually pretty straight forward and can be controlled from an ipad.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts