Logitech Squeezebox Duet Controller

Ambrose

Feb 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi

Can anyone confirm if this works with Squeezebox Touch?

Website says:-

*Works with Logitech Squeezebox Classic, Logitech Squeezebox Receiver, and Logitech Transporter network music players.

I am using Soundcheck mods and hence Touch IR is switched off and Screen is switched off also.
Will this still work?
If so it may be a godsend!!!!
Many Thanks
Ambrose

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
amcluesent said:
£49 with checkout code, less than a fill-up!
That's the price I was basing my opinion on. ;)

The only thing that may change my mind would be if they've finally sorted replay through the Controller's headphone socket but I haven't read anything to suggest they have.

Ambrose

Feb 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Why do you say it's poor value please?

I dont have smart phone/ipod etc.

Just want easy/convenient way to control music without using remote/screen or PC.

Cheers!

Ambrose

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
Ambrose said:
Hi,

Why do you say it's poor value please?
The screen is too small (IMO).

No direct text entry other than scrolling backwards & forwards through the alphabet on the scroll wheel.

The scroll wheel can be somewhat clunky/unresponsive. Seems to be luck of the draw as to whether you get a good one.

Slow to reconnect to the network if left out of the cradle.

The playback feature has never been properly implemented apart from one software/firmware release & was promptly broken in the next.

Just generally flaky.

I would say that £10 spent of the full version of iPeng together with £50-ish on a 2g iPod Touch represents better value. You get a much more usable screen, direct text entry & proper playback on the iPod. Plus all the other things the iPod Touch can do.

Ambrose

Feb 19, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Crocodile.

I ordered one earlier. £49 cannot go too far wrong but appreciate user experience may not be quite up to par.

However, much better than trip up stairs, past 2 stair gates to change track and miss first 20 seconds on trip back down! :wall:

Thanks for the logitec code other chap, cannot remember name sorry :oops: Saved £20 and made it easier decision!

Ambrose

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
Ambrose said:
I ordered one earlier. £49 cannot go too far wrong but appreciate user experience may not be quite up to par.
Well at least I've set your expectaions low, So if you find it anything other than a complete dog, you'll probably be quite pleased... :)

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Crocodile said:
Ambrose said:
Well at least I've set your expectaions low, So if you find it anything other than a complete dog, you'll probably be quite pleased... :)

I have one myself...didn't feel it was so terrible given the price. Indeed the fact that you have to wait some time when it goes into "sleep mode" is a bit annoying but you can live with it, especially if you (like me) move around a lot and carry the remote with you do not giving it the time to go into sleep mode.

Sometimes it loses the wireless connection, but to be fair I was often in another room where even my phone has problem with getting a proper wifi connection.

Don't find the wheel that terrible, sometimes is a bit hard to get the precise selection but overall I think it's ok

Full price is, of course, crazy but I think overall is worth the price you are paying. My Samsung Galaxy note with 5.3 screen and Android is another think ok...but it also costs 600 eur :cheer:

Ambrose

Feb 19, 2008
Visit site
acalex said:
Crocodile said:
Ambrose said:

I have one myself...didn't feel it was so terrible given the price. Indeed the fact that you have to wait some time when it goes into "sleep mode" is a bit annoying but you can live with it, especially if you (like me) move around a lot and carry the remote with you do not giving it the time to go into sleep mode.

Sometimes it loses the wireless connection, but to be fair I was often in another room where even my phone has problem with getting a proper wifi connection.

Don't find the wheel that terrible, sometimes is a bit hard to get the precise selection but overall I think it's ok

Full price is, of course, crazy but I think overall is worth the price you are paying. My Samsung Galaxy note with 5.3 screen and Android is another think ok...but it also costs 600 eur :cheer:

Thanks Acalex.

Good to know it's not a complete doggy doo!

To be honest my expectations are not high. So long as I can access music / skip tracks from listening chair then will do all I am looking for really.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts