News Lloyd Cole and the Commotions

Rui

Mar 23, 2021
Visit site
I think it was one of my 80´s favorite band, i bought all their albums( 3 , only) and then some of his solo lp´s ,maybe 4 ,the last two weren´t that great, but has Loyd Cole said "if i had the success i have in Portugal , in other european countries and in America i would be rich" i can´t say how many times i saw him playing live.

I remenber one night in the 90´s, that in several points of Portugal there is the students week, i went at 21.30 to see Cocteau Twins, they had a new album that i had never heard but having some of my favorite songs being from this 4AD band and other participations like in This Mortal Coil albums ,a compilation with songs from several artists from this independent label playing together, that Started with a maxi-single with song to a siren with Cocteau Twins vocalist.

It was a concert at the Coliseu in Lisbon, Portugal from the tour of a new album , their guitar player had a very smooth but filled with effects guitar sound as the vocalist ,Elisabeth Fraser was known for her majestic voice as a example ,some might not know to whom i´m referring but, she put the vocals on Tim Buckley´s "song to a siren" heard a lot on a perfum tv comercial and also in the big hit from Massive Attack with the tempo of a real heart beat" Teardrop",

when the concert finished at 23.30(week day), i drove 10 km inside Lisbon and by the river ,a concert of maybe my favorite band of the 80´s ,New Model Army, than drove to the north and in Coimbra when parking the car next to the garden by the river i saw from far Loyd Cole playing a acoustic concert at 3.30 in the morning , all of this in the same night, i had still the strenght of a young man.

who doesn´t know perfect skin , forest fire, brand new friend, Lost weekend, my bag, jennifer she said, amongst other great songs, this were only their biggest hits, singles edited

Reactions: jonboywalton75

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts