lively interconnect for Nait 5i

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
BigH said:
Why don't you try it in your system and hear how it sounds?

Why should I? Don't have synergy or any general gripe. I'm just giving a possible reason why the system, according to the OP, may sound a little dull.

This was not directed at you but the OP, sorry for any confusion.

BigH said:
plastic penguin said:
BigH said:

Why should I? Don't have synergy or any general gripe. I'm just giving a possible reason why the system, according to the OP, may sound a little dull.

Mr. H - please make it clearer. Use the 'quote' button before posting.

John Duncan

plastic penguin said:
BigH said:
plastic penguin said:
BigH said:

Mr. H - please make it clearer. Use the 'quote' button before posting.

Because it is such a big deal...

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
FWIW. I think Nordost is a good shout, especially if you like a fast, lively and detailed, if slightly lean sound.

Telurium Q is also worth a look.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
FWIW. I think Nordost is a good shout, especially if you like a fast, lively and detailed, if slightly lean sound.

how do interconnects make the sound fast & lively...... I really sometimes wonder about this forum

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
stevebrock said:
CnoEvil said:

how do interconnects make the sound fast & lively...... I really sometimes wonder about this forum

I have listened to quite a few, and find they can sound different...........the OP is quite entitled to ignore my advice.

I am not going to get into another polemic argument about what may make cables sound different.....but if you want to see what I'm talking about, you could try comparing Nordost with Cardas, or TQ with Van den Hul.

CnoEvil said:
stevebrock said:
CnoEvil said:

I have listened to quite a few, and find they can sound different...........the OP is quite entitled to ignore my advice.

I am not going to get into another polemic argument about what may make cables sound different.....but if you want to see what I'm talking about, you could try comparing Nordost with Cardas, or TQ with Van den Hul.

Sorry, Cno. This is one area I can't agree with. For a comparatively modest set-up of the OPs cables IMHO make minimal difference. Think it's far more important to get the synergy correct first in the system...

I'm pretty sure in a system such as yours cables have a bigger influence... the difference is more prominent I mean, but the OPs (and mine) messing around with cables is money down the drain.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
I'd go with DDC's suggestion - shove a **** load of power up 'em. There is a AVI LSi amp 2nd hand on hifiwigwam (no connection to me), think they have around 250 watts and are very well regarded - I should think it would make your PMC's jump to attention. I personally, from experience, wouldn't bother with cable changes of any sort, unless you're looking to match the curtains.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Sorry, Cno. This is one area I can't agree with. For a comparatively modest set-up of the OPs cables IMHO make minimal difference. Think it's far more important to get the synergy correct first in the system...

I'm pretty sure in a system such as yours cables have a bigger influence... the difference is more prominent I mean, but the OPs (and mine) messing around with cables is money down the drain.

TBF. The OP asked for possibilities and I backed a previous suggestion, as something to try. At no point did I say that it was a guarantee fix.

As it happens, I prefer getting the system sounding right from the start, thus mitigating the need to use cables as tone controls.....though once bought, I take the view that a few cable trials are worth doing, before changing the system. The secret is not to shell out without getting the sound you want.

CnoEvil said:
plastic penguin said:

TBF. The OP asked for possibilities and I backed a previous suggestion, as something to try. At no point did I say that it was a guarantee fix.

As it happens, I prefer getting the system sounding right from the start, thus mitigating the need to use cables as tone controls.....though once bought, I take the view that a few cable trials are worth doing, before changing the system. The secret is not to shell out without getting the sound you want.

I know what the OP first asked and in my first post, I pointed out that Naim can be tricky suckers to mix and match. They are one of the few rare breeds that don't necessarily like being connected to other makes, certainly Naim amplification.

Clearly cables have their place (obviously) but in this instance I don't think, could be wrong, cables will be the answer.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Clearly cables have their place (obviously) but in this instance I don't think, could be wrong, cables will be the answer.

On balance, you may be right......but a little "no cost" messing about can sometimes pay off.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
lol.....oh man, the way these "cable makes no diiference...don't waste your time or money " guys jump into a thread that has cables in the title...... its funny considering they keep these threads alive..... :p

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts