Lip Sync issue with Sky+

adp72uk

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I've suddenly developed a lip sync issue when watching certain programmes which I've recorded on Sky+.

The audio is now delayed by half a second or so.

Strange thing is that it's only Sky+ which seems to be affected, watching Sky 'live' is fine as are blu-rays and dvds.

(I run my Sky box to a Denon 1911 via coax, picture to a Sony KDL40W2000 via the amp).

Has anybody had a similar problem or can anybody suggest a cure please??

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Happens occasionally: best solution seems either to be turn box off and then on again, or reboot the box when turned off by disconnecting the mains, waiting a short while - 10 sec or so will do it - then reconnecting and letting the box initialise again.

At least that seems to work for me.

staggerlee

Apr 11, 2008
Visit site
another solution that sometimes works, if it is happening during a program your watching, rewind for a few seconds and then forward for a few seconds and it sometimes corrects itself. It worked for me a couple of times,

daveh75

adp72uk:Cheers Dave, will try a reboot tonight. What is a planner rebuild, should it come to that??

A planner rebuild just does some basic housekeeping...Its the equivalent of a file index rebuild,clearing the cache etc,on a PC basically.

To to a rebuild,(don't worry it doesn't delete recordings)

On the remote, press "services" then 0-0-1 in quick succession (takes you into the hidden installer/set-up menu).

Then press 7 and select to do a rebuild.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts