Help in calibrating a SkyHD box (output display)

miggyboys

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I've calibrated my screen previously using Joe Kane's DV Essentials and am very happy with the display when playing Blu Rays and DVDs. My issue is that the display from my SkyHD box is not to the same standards - colours look washed out etc.

So I want to set up a second profile for when I'm watching anything from my Sky box. But how can I calibrate this outputted picture? I can't use the DV Essentials as this is output from the blu ray player. Other than getting a professional ISF calibrator (which I don't want to do as I'll be changing my TV in the future), how have other people on here calibrated their displays for viewing broadcasts from their Sky boxes? Other than trying to choosing the contrast/sharpness/brightness/red/green/blue manually, which is really near impossible to do, has anyone been able to do anything similar to using THX optimiser / Spear & Munsil / DV Essentials on a blu ray player?

I did wonder if there was any way of copying my DV Essentials to my SkyHD box and then playing it from there but failing that, I cannot think of anything else.

Ps, I'll happily buy any device / software / tools / colourimeter that enable me to do this as long as it's not more than £150....

Thanks for your replies and input in advance!

Miggyboys

miggyboys

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
So I would have thought also bigboss and I'd be interested to know if Sky, BBC etc send channels across at the same standards as recorded blu ray discs / DVDs. From what I'm seeing, they don't. The reason for this is because certain channels definitely look more drab or brighter / more vivid than others and football doesn't look right at all, whether on BBC or Sky. The grass has no colour in it, football shirts look drab and being a football fan myself, I know what floodlit grass and players' shirts look like at a live football match.

To me it looks like satellite TV isn't displaying colours correctly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts