Linn Utopik

podknocker

It's the hyped up brand and the worshipping customers willing to pay daft amounts again. It's worth £350 at most. I know Linn is revered, but I'm wondering if their streamers are actually worth £35k. I doubt it. Companies like Linn push their prices up, until sales start to fall and then they settle for just charging daft amounts, rather than ludicrous. If people are trying to justify a £1350 PSU, because the device it goes into is £35k, then they've lost the plot. How about making screws from solid gold? It would cost even more. Yay!

Last edited:

podknocker

For that money I wouldn't expect to need to shell out another £1350 on "upgrades".

Scamming twunts...
Makes you wonder what's wrong with the current PSUs, if they 'need' an upgrade. It's becoming a popular choice for companies running out of ideas for ripping people off. The Cyrus PSU-XR is a standalone PSU, but come on people, £2395 to make the leccy a bit cleaner?

Makes you wonder what's wrong with the current PSUs, if they 'need' an upgrade. It's becoming a popular choice for companies running out of ideas for ripping people off. The Cyrus PSU-XR is a standalone PSU, but come on people, £2395 to make the leccy a bit cleaner?
Inflation isn’t that high! It’s not yet gone up another £1000. It’s still £1395!

EDIT - apologies, I missed that you were referring to the Cyrus.

Last edited:
Reactions: DiggyGun
I like how they're spinning a £1350 PSU as "one of the best value upgrades available"
I think some context is helpful here. Firstly, as with any upgrade, nobody has to buy it. Excellent streamers yesterday are still as good today, whether or not an upgrade is available!

Secondly, the last power supply generation was called Dynamik, and by all accounts it was about £700-800 as an upgrade. It was well praised and taken up widely. That was about 15 years ago, so this is very much an evolutionary thing. Even today, used Linn items with Dynamik are worth more than the same item without.

Thirdly, you can get the upgrade free if you buy other Linn products. There are T&Cs naturally, but roughly that’s buy any complete set of speakers or turntable, or £3,000 worth of sundry items - say an arm and cartridge. (The best deal is probably to blow £1500 on Majik 109 speakers, with free Utopik, and sell the speakers for say £750-1000 unopened. Don’t tell anyone though!)

Last edited:

DiggyGun

Mar 2, 2021
Visit site
Must admit that I’m very happy with my four Naim power supplies.

Also got to get my Linn streamer booked in for the Utopik power supply upgrade.

DG…

Last edited:
Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts