Linn Radio

paulsue38

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Recently downloaded Tune in Radio which is a useful internet Radio app for those that have not used it before. I have found Linn Radio which sounds great. (even through my phone into my amp) Can anyone recommend any other, higher bit rate radio stations - any genre?
Best wishes
Paul

paulsue38

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Many thanks I will have a listen. I assume that there is nothing as high a quality as Linn Radio? Is there a way of searching by bit rate?

Paul

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
paulsue38 said:
Many thanks I will have a listen. I assume that there is nothing as high a quality as Linn Radio? Is there a way of searching by bit rate?

Paul

Maybe BBC Radio 3....though others might confirm.

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
I can recommend the AVRO stations, also available via the TuneIn app.

http://cultuurgids.avro.nl/front/archiefklassiek.html?filter=category:%22webradio%22

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Maybe BBC Radio 3....though others might confirm.
Yep, they have a 320 kbps AAC stream.

More details of European stations streaming online available here:

http://www.listenlive.eu/index.html

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
TBH personally I'd rather listen to a good song at a low bitrate than most of whats on offer at Linn Radio at a high rate.

The quailty of the Linn stream is obvious but the actual music leaves a lot to be desired. I'm only talking about Linn Radio here, not the Jazz or Classical streams here.

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I love the quality of Linn Radio, but recently Linn Jazz has been playing some of the most gut wrenching, hideously putrid turdge that my ears have had the misfortune of hearing. :rant:

Any way a simple google search brings up a load of links to lists of high quality radio stations.

paulsue38

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
DIB said:
TBH personally I'd rather listen to a good song at a low bitrate than most of whats on offer at Linn Radio at a high rate.

The quailty of the Linn stream is obvious but the actual music leaves a lot to be desired. I'm only talking about Linn Radio here, not the Jazz or Classical streams here.

No what you mean but some of the quality is so low on some stations that no matter what the song it is hard to listen to!

Paul

paulsue38

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
moon said:
I love the quality of Linn Radio, but recently Linn Jazz has been playing some of the most gut wrenching, hideously putrid turdge that my ears have had the misfortune of hearing. :rant:

Any way a simple google search brings up a load of links to lists of high quality radio stations.

Yes some poor tunes I must admit! The problem is I am only listening via my phone at the moment and LInn is one of the only stations that is tolerable.

Paul

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts