Linn Ninkas with Rega system?

Hi I'm new to the forum. I have a Rega Appollo CD, Bio amp and P3 turntable going through R1 speakers on Atacama stands. I've never really been happy with the speakers finding them thin, overly bright and lacking bass, despite having them as close to the wall as possible.

I've thinking of going down the floorstanders route and have seen a pair of used Linn Ninka's in a local pawn shop. They're asking £299 for them and open to offers. They are far from mint cosmetically, but that doesn't bother me. I've looked on line and they get great reviews with some people, but I can't find anyone using them with a Rega set up.

Would it be worth lugging my system down to try out the Ninkas, or would I be wasting my time?

Cheers. David

David

David Page said:
Hi I'm new to the forum. I have a Rega Appollo CD, Bio amp and P3 turntable going through R1 speakers on Atacama stands. I've never really been happy with the speakers finding them thin, overly bright and lacking bass, despite having them as close to the wall as possible.

I've thinking of going down the floorstanders route and have seen a pair of used Linn Ninka's in a local pawn shop. They're asking £299 for them and open to offers. They are far from mint cosmetically, but that doesn't bother me. I've looked on line and they get great reviews with some people, but I can't find anyone using them with a Rega set up.

Would it be worth lugging my system down to try out the Ninkas, or would I be wasting my time?

Cheers. David

David

Cannot say I've heard them but even for this sort of money and, as you say the shop is local, I'd be taking your kit down to demo them before parting with cash.

Welcome to the forum by the way. Probably not what you wanted to hear but i am sure most others here would agree its the only way to go.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts