Building Back My System

michael_in_PT

May 25, 2022
Visit site
Good day all. We moved from the US to Portugal last year and I'm beginning to rebuild my small Hi-Fi setup. In the states i was using some vintage gear (Sansui AU-719/Klipsh Cornwalls and a Music Hall MMF-5). I'm a streaming/vinyl listener and I'm looking at Rega P3/Cambridge Audio EVO 150 and some speakers. I've. been using a pair of KEF LSX's while in a flat in Lagos and now we've moved to a villa and I have room for a small system. I'm not sure what speakers as yet, the room is larger but the listening area is smaller with the seating about 2 meters from the speaker location. I loved the sound of the LSX's so perhaps some R3's. Going to try to get to Lisbon in a few weeks to do some listening. What else might be a good match for the EVO150/Rega P3?

--- Michael

michael_in_PT

May 25, 2022
Visit site
Sadly I did not, we've moved from the US to Europe and the power is all different. I loved the Sansui, great amp and phono stage and it made the '75 vintage cornwalls really sing. I played vinyl for kids (and adults) that had never really heard an analog system and regularly blew them away. The cornwalls could move a lot of air and you could really feel them!

TRENDING THREADS