Linn Classik - Opinions?

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
I had one of the first Linn Classiks for many years until a couple of years ago when I decided I'd have a bit of a change. I swaped to a Marantz CD6002/PM6002 combo with B&W 685's which I am pretty happy with.

In retrospect it's one of those decisions I wonder if I should have taken as I really did like my Linn system in terms of the convenience and power from such a small unit. At the time I had it I used it with a pair of Linn Katans which I felt didn't really give me the weight of sound that the B&W's do. I listen primarily to rock music and wish I hadn't just had a brain explosion whereby I didn't just try the B&W's first.

In short I really like the look of the new revamped Classik music and am very tempted to have a look at this paired with the B&Ws but wanted others views as I don't want this to lessen the quality or sound from my existing system. I also need to fire a Sky+ box sound through it which I do through component on my Marantz and also a DVD recorder (also component at the moment) and my Ipod too.

Would the Classik have the same functionality for me in terms of inputs? Final question is which Linn Power Amp could I pair with it to bi-amp the speakers?

All advice and comments welcome please.

Thanks

Paul

T

the record spot

The original was excellent - at the time, I recall WHF saying that it was as good as an Arcam - KEF speaker combo and then some. Very highly rated and I'm tempted to seek another out if the kids start eating the current stereo...

A

Anonymous

I'm a little confused by the component mentions; are you just looking for sound or something to act as an av receiver too?

I remember the classik being good, but can't compare it to your system. If you're after a power amp to match the classik Music, it it'd probably be the majik 2100 which i also remember being pretty good.

Having said that i heard the majik cd and amps in a shop a few months ago and not being too impressed... i have the feeling that was how they were set up though.

here is the site for the Classik Music You can download the product sheet too with all the info on it.

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
Cheers so far.

Am still a bit unclear a to whether the view of the Classik is better/worse than that Matantz set up I have?

As far as the AV set up it's not really home cinema in it's purest sense but I'm happy with wiring Sky +, DVD and iPod through a conventional amp as a receiver really doesn't do CD's/audio as much justice. I am less of a TV/DVD watcher so the system is mainly for music.

All further help welcome please.

Cheers

Paul

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts