Like it or lump it Sky!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After reading various posts on this forum it seems a lot of people are having all sorts of problems with sky viewing.

A lot of them are niggly like out of sync vocals and dropped sounds e.t.c

Others have failed recordings and the sky box locking up e.t.c

But it seems to me we all have to put up with this poor service, we can complain but nothing much seems to be done about it.

We can cancel our Sky but most wouldent dream of it and just put up with this poor service.

Sky make millions and its about time they invested some of it on new progs instead of the endless repeats and they should invest in sorting out these niggly problems that paying customers have to put up with.

My Humax freeview box sometimes locks up but hey im not paying £27+ a month for it

Ive heard if people complain strongly to sky over certain problems sky offer to terminate there subscription.

So it seems we have to like it or lump it.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Have found myself wondering lately why we all flock to use a system which means you waont be able to watch telly if it rains, or if they do an update that goes wrong, which can also delete the contents of your sky+ box.

But it seems we're happy with it.

Sorry, dont have any answers.

Many will claim its down to the lazy, "cheap at all costs" british consumer. Maybe theyre right.

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
You make a very valid point and i have made my choice goodbye sky hello freeveiw. Went like this hello sky my old grundig sky box is on the fritz not receiving all channels can you sort me a new box i pay you £40 a month can you get me a new box ? yes we can get you a new box that will be £'s (can't remember price). So sky for me to keep giving you £40 a month you want me to pay for new hardware ?????? Ok thanks but no thanks Goodbye sky. Have to say had sky for years now and since we stop paying as it wasn't giving the full service i have to say i have not missed it at all. So i now think sky is over priced hype tv. Yes i occasionally miss the movie channels but i watch most films on dvd anyway i don't miss sport as i don't really watch alot and if i did i would go for setanta. SO SKY GOODBYE and good riddance.

A

Anonymous

Ive just taken out a 12 month subscription for Sky HD so im stuck with them for a year or it will cost me.

If things havent improved in the next 12 months then ill be cancelling Sky come this time next year.

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
al7478:

Have found myself wondering lately why we all flock to use a system which means you waont be able to watch telly if it rains, or if they do an update that goes wrong, which can also delete the contents of your sky+ box.

I've no such problems with Freesat. 80cm dish and quality LNB, never had any break up yet all winter even during heavy snow. In fact reliability's proven so good I'm thinking of taking my analogue aerial down and leaving my house as sat only.

southdownswolf

Nov 12, 2007
Visit site
Alsone:al7478:

I've no such problems with Freesat. 80cm dish and quality LNB, never had any break up yet all winter even during heavy snow. In fact reliability's proven so good I'm thinking of taking my analogue aerial down and leaving my house as sat only.

Do you back your computer up? If not you could lose everything, it is the same with Sky. Back up the H/D then you will not lose the programmes. It wouldn't surprise me if Freesat sarts getting problems soon, after all it is still in it's infancy.

You have an 80cm dish for Freesat. Why not use an 80cm dish for Sky? Gives a much better reception and does not suffer from adverse weather conditions that the standard minidish suffers from.
A seperate FM tuner comes with a little wire aerial, however if you are serious about lstening to it then you would not think twice about buying a serperate roof mounted aerial.

Most of the problems with Sky can be sorted if you are willing to put a little bit of effort in.

idc

southdownswolf: Most of the problems with Sky can be sorted if you are willing to put a little bit of effort in.

I have put a lot of effort in, time on the phone, waiting for engineers but the one thing that keeps happening is faults. At the moment, unusually we are getting all channels except Sky News, usually the last channel to be lost. Why am I still with them? Because I lived somewhere where it was Sky or BBC1, ITV and Channel 4 only. When we moved we were given a new sytem for £40 and sky plus for free. When that ends, we will try elsewhere, probably Virgin. Sky is the most unreliable thing I have ever owned by far.

A

Anonymous

RE SKY

emotion-36.gif

Hi! Guys & Gals, especially southdownswolf.

You mention backing up the Sky Hard Disc: how do you do that, USB to USB?

Have just left a post on the "Nature's great events" forum re the quality of Sky HD. When it works, it does so brilliantly but it is irritating when it goes wrong. Up to now though, I have been able to rectify each problem without calling Sky.

emotion-53.gif

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
1 - what he said. i dunno how to back it up. and i havent settled on a policy for my pc yet, and recently did lose everything. you dont need to say it. i know.

2 - can't i expect sky to supply me with decent kit then? do i have to do everyhting myself despite flinging money their way?

Forgive me for being a bit abrupt. its stupid o'clock and ive not been to bed yet.
emotion-2.gif
/
emotion-6.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts