LG OLED CONNECTING TO PIONEER AV AMP help

gsyx123

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi all.

I have just taken delivery of my new LG 55EF950V OLED tv. Colour rendition does not seem as sharp. Can anyone recommend a good calibration disc?

Also seem to be having problems with sound. I have hooked it up to my Pioneer VSX-LX55 amp using hdmi, with sound coming thru on amp only setting on the tv, but when i use Amazon Prime thru the tv's apps, i get no sound!

Has anyone else had this problem and come up with a solution?

Thank

1) Spears and Munsil calibration disc is quite good.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spears-Munsil-Benchmark-Calibration-Disc/dp/B00CKWI13O

2) You need to connect the HDMI from amp to the HDMI on TV labelled "ARC" (Audio Return Channel), and enable ARC on TV settings.

gsyx123

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
1) Spears and Munsil calibration disc is quite good.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spears-Munsil-Benchmark-Calibration-Disc/dp/B00...

2) You need to connect the HDMI from amp to the HDMI on TV labelled "ARC" (Audio Return Channel), and enable ARC on TV settings.

Thanks BigBoss, have ordered that disk.. Will try with the ARC input.

Regards

Graham

gsyx123

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Ummmm don't know what I'm doing wrong here but it still won't work! I moved the cable to HDMI 2 (which is ARC compatable on the tv), changed audio to ARC on the tv, but still no joy. Could my amp not be compatable with ARC? Was ARC even available in 2011?

Would fitting another type of cable fix this issue, and if so whaich one?

Many thanks

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
gsyx123 said:
Ummmm don't know what I'm doing wrong here but it still won't work! I moved the cable to HDMI 2 (which is ARC compatable on the tv), changed audio to ARC on the tv, but still no joy. Could my amp not be compatable with ARC? Was ARC even available in 2011? 

Yes it was and your amp is compatible, you need to use hdmi output 1 on the amp and set TV audio on the amp to "via HDMI".

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts