LG BD390 - good review in latest mag, but does it compete with the Sony BDP S760?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

hammill:Clare Newsome:gel:

anything else you now let onto?

Thanks

I was the second gunman on the grassy knoll
emotion-5.gif

You are clearly older than your photo would suggest...... OH no, you,ll have her changing her avatar again, this time she,ll probably post a photo of herself sitting in a pram
emotion-2.gif

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:They are due to go on sale today, but as we normally go on sale on a Wednesday - plus Tuesday is a massively busy magazine day for weekly titles - they may have not been put out yet.

I noticed it in my local Tesco yesterday, do I get a prize?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
johnnyjazz:hammill:Clare Newsome:gel:

Thanks

emotion-5.gif

You are clearly older than your photo would suggest...... OH no, you,ll have her changing her avatar again, this time she,ll probably post a photo of herself sitting in a pram
emotion-2.gif

They didn't have cameras way back then. Or prams
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:johnnyjazz:hammill:Clare Newsome:gel:

Thanks

emotion-5.gif

emotion-2.gif

They didn't have cameras way back then. Or prams
emotion-2.gif

Haha, nice one clare, yer a good lass
emotion-5.gif

scene

the_lhc:
Clare Newsome:They are due to go on sale today, but as we normally go on sale on a Wednesday - plus Tuesday is a massively busy magazine day for weekly titles - they may have not been put out yet.

I noticed it in my local Tesco yesterday, do I get a prize?

I bought it at my local newstand yesterday on the way home from work, that was prize enough...

D

Deleted member 2457

the_lhc:

Andrew Everard:Is the opportunity to buy it a day early not reward enough?

Buy it? Why would I want to do that?

To give it to me perhaps?

Thanks

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
OMG, you lot have been busy destroying the credibility of this thread (That I started!!!) with banter about age and where to get the latest mag from!!!

Looking forward to reading the 'blind test' next month now....but only got this month's mag a few days ago, and it's all read and digested!!! (Not literally, before someone asks how it tasted, or something!)
emotion-9.gif

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:Oddly enough, this afternoon - for our latest Big Question feature - we have three readers downstairs blind-testing a range of Blu-ray players, including the LG and Sony S760.....

Even odder, I was one of them, and no, before anyone asks I will not divulge anything. Just have to wait. :)

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Pistol Pete1:
True blue,

Was the experience a good one, anyway? I keep forgetting to send my name in for it........

It was a fantastic day. Great hospitality from the team, would seriously recommend putting your name in the hat :)

D

Deleted member 2457

True Blue:Pistol Pete1:

True blue,

Was the experience a good one, anyway? I keep forgetting to send my name in for it........

It was a fantastic day. Great hospitality from the team, would seriously recommend putting your name in the hat :)

Could you tell which blu ray player was which?

Thanks

Still no what hi fi in Morrisons.
emotion-6.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

gel:True Blue:Pistol Pete1:

True blue,

Could you tell which blu ray player was which?

Thanks

Still no what hi fi in Morrisons.
emotion-6.gif

Or Tesco's either.

A

Anonymous

True Blue:Pistol Pete1:
True blue,

Not to mention the great pub lunch - really good.

A

Anonymous

gel:gel:Still no what hi fi in Morrisons.
emotion-6.gif
Or Tesco's either.
I think it is about time you stop being a cherry-picker and start subscribing!!!
emotion-16.gif

Andy Grange

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
I must admit, I've tried at least a dozen newsagents in the Midlands that usuall stock What Hifi in the past couple of days with no joy. There was only one place that had it, but only had one copy that had been sold before I got there!

D

Deleted member 2457

EvilWolf:gel:gel:Still no what hi fi in Morrisons.
emotion-6.gif
Or Tesco's either.

I think it is about time you stop being a cherry-picker and start subscribing!!!
emotion-16.gif

I have my subscription form in front of me, can't decide but this is swaying me, I hate this wait.

D

Deleted member 2457

Andy Grange:I must admit, I've tried at least a dozen newsagents in the Midlands that usuall stock What Hifi in the past couple of days with no joy. There was only one place that had it, but only had one copy that had been sold before I got there!

I know how you feel mate i always have a problem getting hold of it.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Can anyone who's having trouble finding a copy of the new issue please let me know exactly which stores you tried? (Eg which type of Tesco in which town - such as, Tesco Metro, Richmond, Surrey).

D

Deleted member 2457

Clare Newsome:Can anyone who's having trouble finding a copy of the new issue please let me know exactly which stores you tried? (Eg which type of Tesco in which town - such as, Tesco Metro, Richmond, Surrey).

Tesco's Little One not sure the name, Oxley Park, Milton Keynes

Morrison's, Westcroft, Milton Keynes.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

gel:EvilWolf:gel:gel:Still no what hi fi in Morrisons.
emotion-6.gif
Or Tesco's either.

emotion-16.gif

I have my subscription form in front of me, can't decide but this is swaying me, I hate this wait.

Is this a 'life and death' situation to you? I dread to think how you would react to a real crisis!!
emotion-40.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

EvilWolf:gel:EvilWolf:gel:gel:Still no what hi fi in Morrisons.
emotion-6.gif
Or Tesco's either.

emotion-16.gif

Is this a 'life and death' situation to you? I dread to think how you would react to a real crisis!!
emotion-40.gif

Pure Calm in a real crisis, but we often have to wait 2 or 3 days after. Even checked with the people who stacked the shelves but no. I just love my what hi fi mag and can't wait to read you have to take your pleasures when you get them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts