LG BD390 - good review in latest mag, but does it compete with the Sony BDP S760?

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
As above.......both have wireless connection etc....the LG is described as very good sound wise, and betters the likes of the Sony BDP S560......to ultimately win the group test.

Am I correct in thinking it is as good as the Sony 760, or just behind it? How about comparing it to the Pioneer 320?

Either way, at the prices I have found for the LG, it seems a good deal........

A

Anonymous

Evening PP, Andy and ValianTX. We tested the LG against its £200-£300 peers, not against pricier £400 kit. Given that we're clear that the BDP-S760 is notably better than the BDP-S360 and BDP-S560, I think it's reasonable to infer that the '760 would prove to be sterner competition for the LG than its cheaper sibling. Given that reasoning, if I had to take an educated guess as to which player would win in a direct comparison between the two, I'd pick the Sony - but I stress that this is a guess, not a formal decision based on comparative testing, and it's only mine, not necessarily the collective view of the team.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Andy....I imagine it would be an answer that lots of 'forum goers' would be interested in knowing........

Might be a good Group Test sometime in the future though, perhaps?

A

Anonymous

[EDITED BY MODS - PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS MODERATION OR ATTACK OTHER MEMBERS]

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Oddly enough, this afternoon - for our latest Big Question feature - we have three readers downstairs blind-testing a range of Blu-ray players, including the LG and Sony S760.....

D

Deleted member 2457

Clare Newsome:Oddly enough, this afternoon - for our latest Big Question feature - we have three readers downstairs blind-testing a range of Blu-ray players, including the LG and Sony S760.....

So that's what they are upto this time, anything else you now let onto?

Thanks

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
gel:
anything else you now let onto?

Thanks

I was the second gunman on the grassy knoll
emotion-5.gif

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:gel:

Thanks

emotion-5.gif

You are clearly older than your photo would suggest......

D

Deleted member 2457

Clare Newsome:gel:

Thanks

emotion-5.gif

emotion-3.gif
Good to know, I think.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
hammill:Clare Newsome:gel:

Thanks

emotion-5.gif

You are clearly older than your photo would suggest......

Alien blood - keeps you looking young, even after 858 years
emotion-5.gif

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:Alien blood - keeps you looking young, even after 858 years
emotion-5.gif

Hmm, when 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not!

hurkkk,aaaaaahahh,GEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKK!!!

damn...

Andy Grange

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
Are there any plans to put the groups test on the website? I've just been to all my local newsagents and they either haven't received or sold out of the lastest edition of the magazine.

Thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

Andy Grange:Are there any plans to put the groups test on the website? I've just been to all my local newsagents and they either haven't received or sold out of the lastest edition of the magazine. Thanks

Too soon mate, I have been to Morrison's today as well, not there either, only the old one.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
They are due to go on sale today, but as we normally go on sale on a Wednesday - plus Tuesday is a massively busy magazine day for weekly titles - they may have not been put out yet. Wholesale has certainly delivered into retail on schedule, despite snow flurries!

And no, Group Tests will not go online, other than as individual reviews - it's something only the magazine offers at present.

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:Oddly enough, this afternoon - for our latest Big Question feature - we have three readers downstairs blind-testing a range of Blu-ray players, including the LG and Sony S760.....

You really should not blind-test blue-ray players Clare ;-)

A

Anonymous

That depends on how expensive the wires are and nothing else! :cool:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts