Sony BDP S760 Blu Ray Player now £99.99 at Play.Com with voucher code supplied

robstar63

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
Sony BDP S760 now available at Play.Com for £99.00 using code sonyblu99 (specified by Play.Com on the item on the site)

I know that the S370 and 570 are supposed to be as good if not slightly better visually but the build quality has to be better on this model and it has multi channel outputs I think if needed

Ordered

A

Anonymous

I ordered one of these when they were £150, it as not turned up yet so not to happy that they have dropped the price a day or so after I have ordered.
I just checked the order status it says posted, I don't know if I should just return the item when it turns up or ask play if they will refund the difference save it being returned. Does anyone know if they are likely to refund the difference if I contact them through there own history with play.com I have never needed to return anything before from them.
I have ordered another one at £99 in case I do need to return the the first one, but if they are happy to refund the difference I would keep the both of them & put one in my bedroom

A

Anonymous

The second one I ordered went to packing in 20 minutes after buying in my outstanding orders, so they are not hanging around tonight

A

Anonymous

I am not sure, as i have never been in this position before. But as you can just send an unwanted item back within 7 days if they say no what would stop you from just buying another & returning the the first one.

A

Anonymous

Have you emailed them to ask them about a refund for the difference alex. I am sure it must be cheaper to refund the difference than have to process the returns & only to have the customer buy it at the cheaper price anyway. I have just emailed them to ask I am sure the more people that do ask the more likely they might refund you to save on processing all the returns

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Now that is tempting, very very tempting.................and have just pressed the buy button. It means I can finally get HD sound from my old Denon amp thanks to the multi outs, I think Band Of Brothers might have to be my first HD sound test. I will be interested to see how the Sony compares to my PS3 as far as PQ is concerned.

A

Anonymous

Just ordered this. For £99.99 you cannot go wrong at all. Should be an improvement over my Pioneer BDP-320 aswell.

A

Anonymous

Funny that you can get a 370 for cheaper and What hifi preffered it.

I have the 370 and it is FAR FAR better than my PS3.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
For that price I had to get one.

It's gonna be a step up from my 350 and the wifi is a bonus. I'll either stick the 350 in the bedroom, or flog it to my father-in-law.
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Alex post if you get a reply from play.com about a refund, I have not had any reply as of yet. I will post when I hear anything from them.
It as just turned up on the same van with my sony 2400 amp that i got from amazon very handy.
If I don't need to send back the sony bdp 760 back it could make a nice bedroom set up, if I do it will have to make do with my sony bdp 360.

A

Anonymous

Good spot.
emotion-21.gif
My S360 will go to my bedroom. Will I see a night and day difference with this model compared to my s360? Cheers

A

Anonymous

I ordered another just in case they didn't bother to reply to me, when that one turns up I will just send the first one back for a refund. It showed the faith I had in there customer service from the start, I think I would of waited first for a reply before ordering another if it been amazon.

AudioPlaya

Mar 28, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the heads-up just ordered mine.

To all the folk who just ordered at £150... under play.com's terms you have the right to return the item within 7 days of delivery unopened, however under the Distance Selling Regulations you have that same right wether unopened or not, this is known as the "cooling off period". It is however much smoother with retailers to return an unopened item so first and foremost DO NOT OPEN IT! ... within 7 (working) days log into your account at play then click "help" at the top right, now look under the third section "help with your order" > click the link "I want to return an item", this will take you to your history from which you can select the item to return. They will give you a Returns Authorisation number/ invoice which you return with the package, never return an item without one of these numbers. If you are having trouble with the automated returns system use email and keep a copy, if all fails write a letter, never try and sort a return on the phone as this is not usually sufficient for the distance selling regs, "but they told me on the phone......" doesn't mean anything.

On Play's website they state that they cannot offer refunds on opened packages unless the goods are faulty, this is nonsense as they are legally bound to do so by the Distance Selling Regulations... and that is 7 working days starting the day after delivery and excluding bank holidays. Again though do not send a package back without a returns number. It will be a slight game of cat and mouse if you have opened the package... they won't want to refund you, indeed they state any such packages will be returned at your expense! but they will be aware they have an obligation to, the key is to make them aware that youre aware they have a legal obligation.

If need be in email point them in the direction of...

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/general/oft913.pdf

Perhaps include a note with the returned package indicating that you are excercising your right to return under these regulations.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the note about there returns policy. I think someone wrote on here before that because play.com is a jersey based company it is outside uk & eu law. I have read there returns policy regarding returning items with in 7 days. It looks like I will just have to send it back, seems stupid though I would of kept it if they had refunded the difference instead of ordering another one. I would keep both if they do offer a part refund, I don't really need 2 & I am not holding my breath for a reply from there customer service looking around it doesn't sound like they are highly rated anymore I am sure they were really good a few years ago when I contacted them over something.
I don't think it is a good thing to do & let your customer service go when you are an internet based company as it could cause customers to lose confidence in buying things from the retailer as this is the only point of call if you have a problem. I was looking at the deals on sony tv's on there site when I ordered my blu-ray player but it kind of makes you think again using them if there customer service is not up to scratch specially with sony's tv back lighting inconsistency.

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
canada16:
Funny that you can get a 370 for cheaper and What hifi preffered it.

I have the 370 and it is FAR FAR better than my PS3.

Yeh I noticed that as well when looking at the reviews before I purchased the 760, but I don't think the 370 has multi outs which is the one feature I needed.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Thanks to the OP for posting this. I fancied a cheap player for the bedroom and as the S760 has better build quality and multi-channel analogue outs, it will do me just fine and at £100, it's a no brainer.

Nice one.

Skiman

Nov 1, 2008
Visit site
Thanks to the OP for flagging this deal. Just ordered one and am hoping for a step up in video/audio from my S550.

Regards

Skiman

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts