Is the sony 370 blu ray player that good??

LEEMCCANN

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I keep wanting to upgrade my current sony 550 blu ray player and keep changing my mind over which to go for.

I intended to get the sony 760 only to see in recent review that the 370 now betters it which i find hard to believe as i have now seen it for £99.99 at play.com

Is it just a case technology has moved on? in which case what the point of other players such as the pioneers/denon all which at some point were beaten in reviews by the 760? - logic suggest that the 370 performs better than all of these?

I dont like the look most of the players that are being released currently and prefer a more subtsantial looking mcahine like the ones from Denon or marantz but would i be just paying for something that appears to be better built but actually wasting my money?

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
snap ,i was gonna upgrade my sony 350 this year i was just waiting for the new range to be released then i was gonna pick up a sony 750 hopefully reduced due to the new line.but with the 370 out at £99 and aparently better im not sure what to do

A

Anonymous

to you look at the forums about sony 370 sounds drops out first befor you do?

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Bought one 5 days ago, brilliant machine, seems somewhat lightweight in build however the PQ and SQ are absolutely superb.

Best plan is to get down to Richer Sounds with an old/surplus dvd player, you'll get £30.00 off and buy a brand new S370 for £109.00!

Bargain

Go get one

A

Anonymous

nodnarb4444:

sony 750

emotion-18.gif

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
fayeanddavid:

Bought one 5 days ago, brilliant machine, seems somewhat lightweight in build however the PQ and SQ are absolutely superb.

Best plan is to get down to Richer Sounds with an old/surplus dvd player, you'll get £30.00 off and buy a brand new S370 for £109.00!

Bargain

Go get one

Or alternatively, go to Play.com, buy one outright for £100 and keep your old DVD.
emotion-21.gif

I too am contemplating a 370 for £100 and moving my 350 to the bedroom.

Is it worthwhile?

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Big Chris:fayeanddavid:

Bargain

Go get one

Or alternatively, go to Play.com, buy one outright for £100 and keep your old DVD.
emotion-21.gif

Is it worthwhile?

Go on...............................do it, you know you want to.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
fayeanddavid:Big Chris:fayeanddavid:

Bargain

Go get one

emotion-21.gif

Is it worthwhile?

Go on...............................do it, you know you want to.

Mmmmm...... Tempting. The Wife has bemoaned our inability to watch BDs in the sack.
emotion-42.gif

A

Anonymous

Big Chris:Mmmmm...... Tempting. The Wife has bemoaned our inability to watch BDs in the sack.
emotion-42.gif

Shouldn't you be doing something else 'in the sack'?
emotion-5.gif

audiowizard

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Amazon are currently doing it for £99.99 as well, im so tempted now to replace my rather old Panasonic DMP-BD30, im attracted to it by its price and features and fast load times, worried though that it wont be much better in picture and sound than my Panny DMP-BD30

A

Anonymous

It will definitely be better than your BD-30, no doubt about it! Even the BD-35 with the PH4 Picture Processing would be superior to your player.

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
I too have the 550 and have been toying with the idea of changing to the 370 as I want the YouTube and iPlayer functionality.

Now Amazon are doing it for £99.99 I think I'll order one - especially as I should be able to sell the 550 for not far off that (as someone needing a player with multi channel outs will desire it...)

A

Anonymous

Yes, you should still get decent money for your 550. If you're not happy with the 370, you can flog that off too!!

A

Anonymous

You can't get a better deal for that money! Plus, you'll make a profit if you decide to sell it on E-bay.

audiowizard

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I know people have been complaining about issues with sound with this machine connected to sony lcd's. Could anybody confirm that it only happens when connecting the player directly to the tv via hdmi? As I have a Sony KDL-40W3000, I will be connecting it through my Sony STR-DG820 then to my tv, so I shouldnt have any problems with it?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts