LG 42LH5000 What Hi Fi Review.

deanchri

Dec 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Further to my last posting below (I asssume my question is too boring or no-one knows the answer?) - I'm really tempted to buy this set very soon and ignore comments I'v read about time lag with the Wii. My reasoning is that the What Hif team viewing process is second to none and surely those guys would have picked up such an issue? Any comments would really be appreciated.

Thanx.

Hello All,

I'm trying to decide on a 42" LCD max budget a grand at a push. I've been reading comments on this forum and reading What Hi fi magazine for months and up till now never considered an LG due to the 'not so good' reviews. Most of the good reviews have seemed to be for Sony, Philips or Samsung until I read the recent review of the LG 42LH5000. I've seen this online for under £650 which sounds fantastic and enables me to free up cash toward my home cinema kit. I have a couple of reservations though and hope some of you experts out there can advise;

1. Excuse the technical ignorance here - I've been focusing on a 100hz set because everyone says this frequency gives minumum motion blur, so I thought wow when I saw the LG has 200hz technology. However I've also read somewhere that the root signal is 50HZ and the LG does something fancy to make this 200hz!!!!????. Should I invest a bit more cash and buy a true 100hz???

2.Read on another forum that there is an annoying time lag with this set when using the Nintendo Wii. We were hoping to buy this LG and a Wii in time for a big family get together at xmas so would be a bit hacked off if this were true.

Whats the opinion folks?

Thanks in advance

TRENDING THREADS