leonard cohen - advice needed

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
my wife is a big leonard cohen fan, so i decided to buy a pair of tickets to his upcoming concert as a wedding anniversary present. so far so good. the downside is that i emphatically am *not* a big fan. Every time i hear him on the radio or mp3 random play, i change channel or track because his voice is so appalling that my ears start bleeding. I have listened to an old covers album (famous blue/yellow raincoat?) of other people doing his music, and managed to get through that, one song was ok ("first we take berlin"? or some such), but i've never managed a whole song with him singing.

To be frank, i cant duck out of going to the concert, the tickets arrived this morning and my wife saw them so i cant claim they've been lost, and dont have a dog to eat them, and i realise i'm totally responsible for the position i'm in, but i need your help as to how i'm going to get through this. With any luck he is in his punk phase and will only do a 30 minute set, but i'm not so sure. My hair isnt long enough to hide earphones so that i can play my own stuff.

Help, please!

A

Anonymous

You might want to try roll up foam earplugs from a chemist or ear defenders from a DIY store. Or maybe even some noise cancelling heaphones and listen to your own music. It would be funny though if you were a fan of Bob Dylan and Bjork.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts