Leema power amplifier

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

RobGardner

Jul 22, 2008
Visit site
At one of the Bristol hifi shows back when the Tucana was current, I thought the Leema demo room had the nicest sounding system out of every thing I heard that day. it must have had a Leema CD player as the source Into a Tucana amp. The speakers were some very inexpensive (about £350) Kef floor standers with a single Uni-q driver. It was so relaxing to hear a great sounding system after the cacophony in most of the other demo rooms. The next best thing had been a super high end Wilson Benesch system in the conservatory. Everything else sounded like it was trying too hard. I think it was the show when the Devialet d-premier was launched, because I missed hearing it and after the show at the pub all of my friends were talking about it as a highlight.
I think you can use a Tucana as a pre-amp with Leema power amps and as a control for other Leema kit as they had some form of umbilical connection that interlinks with each other. As I remember you could use the Tucana to control as many power amps as you wanted using some proprietary bus system called LIPS.
Anyway, I am sure you will enjoy listening to music through it.

At one of the Bristol hifi shows back when the Tucana was current, I thought the Leema demo room had the nicest sounding system out of every thing I heard that day. it must have had a Leema CD player as the source Into a Tucana amp. The speakers were some very inexpensive (about £350) Kef floor standers with a single Uni-q driver. It was so relaxing to hear a great sounding system after the cacophony in most of the other demo rooms. The next best thing had been a super high end Wilson Benesch system in the conservatory. Everything else sounded like it was trying too hard. I think it was the show when the Devialet d-premier was launched, because I missed hearing it and after the show at the pub all of my friends were talking about it as a highlight.
I think you can use a Tucana as a pre-amp with Leema power amps and as a control for other Leema kit as they had some form of umbilical connection that interlinks with each other. As I remember you could use the Tucana to control as many power amps as you wanted using some proprietary bus system called LIPS.
Anyway, I am sure you will enjoy listening to music through it.
Anyone wanting to add a power amp to a Tucana either has some seriously inefficient speakers or has more money than sense....
The Hydra II is serious money.
If they had sensed they would have bought a Leema pre/ power combo in the first place. :)

For what I paid yes at full price no
How's it going with the Tucana? As mentioned above the higher you go with amplification then it tends to leave the rest of your kit behind. If you buy like minded components you are talking bug bucks. That was one of the reasons I sold mine & reverted back to the Pulse. I couldn't afford to upgrade the rest if my stuff to make the most of the Tucana's talents

aversaurus

It's going well with the tucana .I get what your saying about upgrading everything around it to take the system up to its level .but I'm in the same boat as yourself I just can't afford it
More than that I'm happy with system I have apart from the ifi zen streamer .

Tinman1952

It's going well with the tucana .I get what your saying about upgrading everything around it to take the system up to its level .but I'm in the same boat as yourself I just can't afford it
More than that I'm happy with system I have apart from the ifi zen streamer .
What exactly are you unhappy with regarding the iFi Zen streamer?

aversaurus

Not the sound it sounds amazing.
When I first set it up it worked but the lights didn't.
Did s factory reset now the lights work but I can't update the firmware .
The instruction leaflet is useless .
It's a good item but needed more time being developed .

Tinman1952

Not the sound it sounds amazing.
When I first set it up it worked but the lights didn't.
Did s factory reset now the lights work but I can't update the firmware .
The instruction leaflet is useless .
It's a good item but needed more time being developed .
Hmmm. Pressing the right button turns the lights off. Pressing it again should bring them back on.
The firmware should be updatable from the iFi app. I think the initial instructions issued confused a few people but the hardware is sound.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts