LE40B550 and LE40B551A

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi WHF team,

Looking to get a 40" TV to see me through a few years until 3D becomes established, the Samsung LE40B550 got a cracking write up in the latest SuperTest and looks like a good gap filling TV. One question though, is the LE40B551A available from Dixons and Currys the same TV but with a different colour round the edges much like the UE40B7000 and 7020 models?

Thanks in advance

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I've been doing a little more research into this TV and found out its only 50mhz. Is this something to worry about? I watch a lot of football, Formula 1 and some American football and wondered if 50mhz would be ok, or if i'm better off buying a 100mhz TV. No real preference to Plasma/LCD/LED but needs to be good for sport/PS3 and Blu-Ray films.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Rocket,

Received my LE40B550 on the strength of recent reviews and it is superb and absolutely cracking value for money (£525)! watching the rugby over the weekend, the close up views were very good and it only suffered from a lack of definition on wider shots. I think this is ultimately down to the quality of the signal and SD resolution rather than refresh rate. Feed it a HD signal (as it was designed for) and the picture is top notch, in my opinion. depending on the programme and channel, some of the SD images are a match in terms of quality to the HD over the airwaves content.

if budget is a big consideration, you cant go far wrong with the LE40B550.

Nick

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts