Large room Speakers help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a large cinema room (10.5M x 4.5M) and I need a speaker system that will fill this room with sound.

I am considering the Onkyo 605 to drive whatever speakers I do buy. I really can't spend any more than £1000 on the speakers. I have seen the Aegis Neo 5.1 system for £650 and this seems like a good deal for my room. Does anyone have any advice or reccomendations?

Much appreciated
emotion-2.gif

What i've got at the mo'

Sapphire 108" screen; Infocus X2 projector; Harman Kardon AVR45 Receiver; Harman Kardon DVD22 DVD Player.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The Acoustic Energies would be a great buy at that money - and they've certainly got the muscle for a bigger room. I'd spend the £350 you've 'saved' from your £1000 budget on beefing up that receiver with one of the bigger Onkyos, too. If you can stretch to a model with video processing (like the '875), it'll work a treat with that projector/size of screen.

A

Anonymous

Thanks,

The projector isn't a HD model (it's before that era lol) would it still be worth upgrading the Onkyo for this reason?

I was eventually going to upgrade the projector to something like a newer Infocus or Panasonic HD model and also will add a Blu-Ray source.

Just had a look and the 875 is a grand! don't think video processing justifies the extra 600 notes Clare! Also, the Onkyo website states that the 605 has HDMI and Component upscaling, is thia what you were referring to?

While I understand that the 875 would be a far superior machine, I don't think I can run to the extra expense, or rather the wife wouldn't let me.....................

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Ah, OK, if you haven't an HD projector, you're not going to be too bothered about upscaling at this point (and BTW, the 605 offers HDMI switching NOT upscaling).

The 605 will suit you fine for now - though you'd get more ooomph for your large room from a slightly beefier model like the 705 or 805.....

A

Anonymous

I may be missing someting here, but this is cut and pasted from Onkyo's website, in the specs for the '605. Am I reading this wrong?

Advanced Features
DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus Decoding
HDMI (v. 1.3a) Audio and Video Processing
HDTV-Capable HDMI (2 Inputs and 1 Output) and Component Video (50 MHz) Switching (3 Inputs and 1 Output)
HDMI and Component Video Upconversion
Bi-Amping Capability for Enhanced Musicality and Power
Audyssey 2EQT to Correct Room Acoustic Problems and to Calibrate Speakers
Onkyo RIHD for System Control
Compatible with RI (Remote Interactive) Dock for the iPod

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
No, you're not missing something - it's just Onkyo being slightly disingenuous. If you input a source via component or HDMI, it will de-interlace it for output via the single HDMI connection. What it won't do is upscale it to 1080p like the higher-end models with video upscaling.

A

Anonymous

Ah!

Thanks for that Clare, you see, thats why I come here
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts