Room treatment?

skutters

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I am happy with the sound from my system since upgrading to the Kef R3 Meta speakers, but I'm just wondering if I could improve the sound slightly with some room treatment. As you can see from the images I have included I am in a small room approx 11'x11' with glass doors on both sides I am only 6' from the speakers, I have tried covering the TV with a furniture throw drawn the curtains and with a bar I suspended a large thick throw across the inner doors all with the intention of seeing if they reduce any reflections. and give a tighter sound. To me it didn't seem to make any real difference, could the material I used not be doing anything or could it be that because I am fairly close to the speakers I am not suffering from reflections from the doors.

Cheers Kev.

Attachments

• IMG_20231001_133608.jpg
    IMG_20231001_133608.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20231001_133451.jpg
    IMG_20231001_133451.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: RichardMott
If you're happy then any experimentation can only help, or not....
I would simply attempt to cover said glass doors with curtains or something for a start, which I see you have on the left, the right shouldn't be an issue.but we don't have your ears...

landco

Aug 26, 2023
Visit site
Hi,
I am happy with the sound from my system since upgrading to the Kef R3 Meta speakers, but I'm just wondering if I could improve the sound slightly with some room treatment. As you can see from the images I have included I am in a small room approx 11'x11' with glass doors on both sides I am only 6' from the speakers, I have tried covering the TV with a furniture throw drawn the curtains and with a bar I suspended a large thick throw across the inner doors all with the intention of seeing if they reduce any reflections. and give a tighter sound. To me it didn't seem to make any real difference, could the material I used not be doing anything or could it be that because I am fairly close to the speakers I am not suffering from reflections from the doors.

Cheers Kev.
Try an active sound correction system, for example I use Sonarworks. This is cheaper than classic room acoustic treatment.

Reactions: AJM1981

AJM1981

it can be that I am wrong but the loudspeakers seem to point quite straight. I would have them turned a little inward towards the listener. And maybe a shaggy rug (cant see if there is something like that)

Room correction is also a way

Reactions: ianrjones

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
Hi,

Cheers Kev.

Ideally, you need to measure the acoustics to see what the problem areas are. without those measurements, you're just shooting the dark. and no one here can really help with that or guide you beyond telling you how the measure those frequencies.

Room treatments will make a massive difference but you need to target the problem areas and software will only take you far and can even rob the system of character.

BUT

having said that software will get you most of the way. And buying room treatment can be very expensive especially if you want to it look nice. It would be cheaper to buy a new amp with room correction.

RichardMott

Oct 3, 2023
Visit site
Hi,

Cheers Kev.
Can you send a video while playing? hehe

Dom

What you want is to reduce reflections, which you can do with soft furnishings, which break up the reflections a bit.

And I find these acoustic foams ugly anyway, so I don't bother I just fill up my room with stuff.

MoseBarton

Oct 21, 2023
Visit site
It's great that you're looking to enhance your audio setup. In smaller rooms, the impact of room treatment can be significant. To address reflections effectively, consider acoustic panels or bass traps, and experiment with their placement for optimal sound improvement.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts