laptop to nas to ae?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can someone answer / clarify a few questions for me please...as still thinking of going down the computer based music route...

If i purchased something like a lacie network storage device then connected that to my wireless router, then could i store my itunes on the nas, and operate this from my laptop wirelessly, then have it stream to an airport express which would be connected to my amp/speakers via dac/or adm9.1's?

or have i got something wrong here?

hope this makes sense...

thanks...

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
You can't really run iTunes direct from a NAS. Some come with something known as iTunes Server, but I gather from elsewhere that this only allows you to run an iTunes library from the NAS that another copy of iTunes running on a PC / Mac can share and allow access to say to an Airport Express. So you still have to have a PC / Mac somewhere running iTunes to use it.

But if you just want to store the iTunes Library on the NAS and then stream to an Airport Express from iTunes running on a PC / Mac then yes, this is definitely achievable.

Have a look at this thread.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the reply...

so the only real option is to have music stored in drive attached to router, then control it from laptop running itunes, yes?

or go for apple tv or squeezebox or sonos i guess, which would be a bit expensive at the mo....(need to do something as all my cd's won't fit on the laptop hard drive in lossless)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts