Laptop & DTV Interference

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

We have a Toshiba 32WLT66 LCD TV which is working fine. However whenever I plug in my laptop within 2-3 metres of the set the picture pixellates and becomes un-watchable! I have to move into an adjacent room to avoid this. This also sometimes happens when using our PVR (Humax 9200T) - to a lesser degree. I have tried to upgrade the aerial cables between the wall and the TV & PVR which helped a little but the problem still persists.

Has anyone got any ideas as to what might be causing this or how I can solve it? Would a mains Isolation unit help?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-- Peter.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Not likely to be mains-borne, though I guess you could check this by running the laptop on batteries in the same location. More likely to be some interference caused by wi-fi or Bluetooth, coupled with a relatively weak signal coming down from the aerial, as the fact it also occurs with the PVR suggests.

Solutions, however, are another matter altogether...

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply....

We don't use Wi-Fi networking so the Wi-Fi component on the laptop is switched off. Not sure about bluetooth though, but I will check. Will also check running on batteries. I know the signal is fairly weak to the TV - There is a booster on the aerial between the wall socket and TV/PVR - one which allows multiple outputs to avoid the need for loopthrough cabling. Interestingly though we have an identical TV in another room (upstairs) which doesn't need a booster running of the same aerial...

Thanks again,

-- Peter.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts