HUMAX PVR 9300T SET UP PROBLEM

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'VE JUST BOUGHT A HUMAX PVR 9300T FOR SOMEONE BUT THEY COULD NOT GET IT TO WORK, IVE BROUGHT IT HOME & GONE THROUGH THE SETUP, IT FINDS 76 TV CHANNELS AND 23 RADIO ON THE AUTOMATIC SEARCH, I THEN SAVE THE SETTTINGS, EXIT, GOTO WHERE I SHOULD BE NOW WATCHING THE PROGS BUT THERE'S NOTHING ALL IT SAYS IS NO OR BAD SIGNAL WITH NO PICTURE. I DONT BELIEVE ITS MY AERIAL BECAUSE NOTHING PREVIOSLY HAS EVER BEEN A PROB AND WHEN PUT AERIAL LEAD BACK IN MY TV THE PICTURE IS PERFECT. THIS WAS THE SAME PROBLEM AT THE PERSONS HOUSE ALSO WHICH I BOUGHT IT FOR. IVE ALSO TRIED TO DO THE SOFTWARE UPGRADE BUT THE PROBLEM STILL PERSISTS. IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE TO TRY OR IS THE BOX FAULTY? PLEASE HELP.
emotion-9.gif

A

Anonymous

I set up my parents and all was well......until the 'switchover'. I then had to reset it(as probably everyone else that day) and thats when it said no or bad signal also with no picture. I had to do it three times and eventually it all came back. Not sure why this is but have heard that it depends witch transmitter is outputting the signal the strongest from the main transmitter. I hope that when everybody re-tunes again on Dec 4th that everything is ok. Then all the analogue channels have finally gone and all transmitters are outputting at full power. I don't think that it will be your box though as the error is identical to mine. Hope this assists you and puts your mind at ease...a little.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply Pilko, when you say you reset the Humax to sort out the problem do you mean simply turn it offf and back on again or go through the retune process and eventually it picks up another transmitter and tunes in correctly? Thanks Paul.

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
I'd forgotten about the problems with the latest Freeview change, I had a similar problem on my 9300T, had to retune 4 times to get everything back as it was before. Fishynix12, nice name BTW ;-), you might need to go to the Installation menu and select default setting which should reset to the factory settings, then try another automatic search (or 2 or 3 ...) If that fails I'd get in touch with Humax. Good luck.

A

Anonymous

I did the whole re-tune again. Hope it works ok for you.

A

Anonymous

This may help.

http://community.whathifi.com/forums/t/312251.aspx

proterra

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
Have you tried doing a factory reset with the aerial unplugged? this clears the memory totally. then do it again with it connected to find all the stations. You can check the signal strength for each channel!

A

Anonymous

I had exactly the same problem, in fact the few channels it found were not stable and the basic 5 were all welsh despite not being in Wales! I found them all from 800 onwards but with no picture. When plugged into the Humax unit the onscreen message kept saying antennae short circuit and no signal even though my freeview TV worked fine on its own.

I followed the advice given above about factory reset and it worked like a dream, 81 TV channels and 19 radio all fully working, thanks very much for such sound advice

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts