BBC channels have disappeared on humax pvr after digital switchover retune - Help!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have retuned my tv and humax pvr today as advised to do as part of the digital switchover process.

After retune my tv is fine with all channels receiving a good signal strength. My humax freeview pvr has lost all BBC channels though so I cant watch them or record them through the pvr.All other channels are available and watchable through the humax. It is only BBC channels that have disappeared

I have tried several retunes on the humax, both manual and auto, but to no avail.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and does anyone have any idea what might be causing it or how to address it?

The humax is a freeview non hd pvr.

Any help would be much appreciated.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
The usual routine is to power off, remove aerial lead, power up and do a full scan (without aerial plugged in) then power off, leave powered off for a few minutes and re-attach aerial lead, power-up and re-scan.

(By 'power off' I mean remove power by switching off at the mains, not standby.)

bob.g

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem with BBC Freeview = "No signal received". I've not been able to receive any BBC Freeview for last few weeks, although all other channels are OK.

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
Most bizarre. Try going into the installation menu, select default setting (I'm assuming all Humaxes are pretty much the same) press yes, once it's reset itself do an automatic search. That might fix it.

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
No ...BBC. Sounds like a god-send to me. Sounds even better if we had the option for BBC rather than a compulsory T.V Licence

ajjm65

Jan 22, 2008
Visit site
If you go onto the freeview website there is a resolution section. it describes how some BBC channels have now moved into the 800s channel numbers. There is also a list of set top boxes that have been affected (mostly old style ones ans Sonys) with contact telephone numbers.

I'm no expert on Freeview, hope the above helps though...

A

Anonymous

I set it to default settings and did a retune. That appears to have done the trick.

cheers for the advice.

bob.g

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
The missing channels are on a Panny 19" Viera, about one year old. Just did a complete retune and still no Freeview BBC1 or 2. The ITV channels signal strength is ~70% with a good picture. The analogue signal for BBC1 and 2 (from the same aerial) is good.

Weird !!

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
Fraz1 said:
I set it to default settings and did a retune. That appears to have done the trick.

cheers for the advice.

Glad to be of service Fraz1.

And Bob, have you tried a similar thing of setting the TV back to it's shipping condition (that's what it's called on my Panny) then retuning?

Cheers, DJ.

bob.g

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Diamond Joe

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried a Factory Reset and then a reinstall, but still no BBBC1 or 2. Still weird !!

A

Anonymous

There is noticeably a bundle to learn about this. I assume you made certain nice points in options also.
Reverse Lookup ultra

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts