lack of bass in my new system

domenn

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi , Any ideas why my set up sounds bright ? I'am really missing low frequencies . Just changed rotel combo for rega because

of this problem . Amp is 3 days old not run in yet , Do You think this maybe a problem ? also sound from SB touch is even brighter than from my laptop , even with hi res music , or the problem is speakers ?

I'll appreciate your help thank You for comments .

spockfish

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

There can be many reasons for a lack of bass...

I can't comment on your speakers, but from my own experience it's not related to the Rega equipment. My Brio R is now just 3 weeks old, but in combination with the Rega DAC I've got plenty of bass.

Can anyone else comment on the OR's speakers?

Regards,

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
It's hard to say for certain, but here are my thoughts.

- THE ROOM. This can effect both bass and treble, depending on its size, how decorated and whether the floor is suspended.

- POSITIONING. How the speakers are placed in relation to the adjacent walls.

- SOURCE. Can you borrow a good CDP (Rega) to see how this sounds.

- CABLES. I'm not a fan of silver coated cables, which (IMO) sound bright. Can you borrow some copper ones (i/c and s/c).

- SPEAKERS. Whereas I don't think the speakers are bright, they are probably forthright and fairly neutral. This means that they are passing on any brightness.

I don't believe the problem is the Rega, so if you can try experimenting with the above areas, you may find the culprit (it could be a mixture of all of them, to varying degrees)

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
Check all of your cables for correct orientation, particularly the speakers. If the polarity is reversed somewhere, you could have an out of phase situation, which would give you a lack of bass.

Your post reads as if this is a huge and imediately obvious problem. If so, it's not gong to be any inherent trait of your equipment, rather a problem of some sort. If the lack of bass is just down to your personal taste, the the first thing to deal with, would be the speakers.

Just my opinion mind you.

A

Anonymous

What kind of music are you into? If you like mainstream rock pop etc. the Rega amp is the problem....whatever you do positioning etc won't help. Rotel would be best for u given that your speakers are B&W...or get a sub.

A

Anonymous

I've had the same issue and found was human error. With the excitement of getting my new system I put the speaker cable around the wrong way ...

T

the record spot

Play around with the speaker positioning, the 601 s3 shouldn't be shy of bass, or at least, it should be capable of delivering an accurate bass presentation. Shift them around a little and see what gives the best results.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Hum.. same old story of no bass & bright sounding system. I just got back from doing auditioning some systems coursing 10grand & above, almost all of them sounded bright, thin & lacking in bass.

I think for some reason thats the sound the Hifi industry has come to embrace.

You may need 2 give it some time for the system 2 burn in.

paradiziac

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Native_bon said:
Hum.. same old story of no bass & bright sounding system. I just got back from doing auditioning some systems coursing 10grand & above, almost all of them sounded bright, thin & lacking in bass.

I think for some reason thats the sound the Hifi industry has come to embrace.

You may need 2 give it some time for the system 2 burn in.

+1 :clap:

My 100 pound amp (15 yr old) and 20 pound speakers (20+ yr old) sound awesome though!

Very musical and "analogue sounding".

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts