Know of upscaling or blu-ray dvd player that shows time remaining ?

A

Anonymous

none of the Panasonics do. Nor Samsung or Denon I don't think ??

Would like multi-region but not essential.

A

Anonymous

would like on screen display after the press of a few buttons or front display even. I know some machines will show time remaining per chapter but none for the whole disc ie. the viewing time left of a film.

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you'll be able to get ones that show it on the OSD, if not the front panel.

Every player I've ever tried shows it on the OSD, usually you have to cycle through the timers though. The Panasonic DVD I have in this room (which I've just tried) shows the time remaining in the chapter initially, but you can cycle through to the time remaining in the title.

A

Anonymous

I can't get it to work on the DMR-EX78. Which buttons are you pressing & on which model ??

A

Anonymous

It does on th PS3, just press select, it shows time played, what chapter, total lenght of film & even what codec it's using for the surround sound etc, hope this helps.

Alan

A

Anonymous

Just bringing this to the front in the hope that someone knows this.

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
I tried the two Panasonic DVD players I have (an S27 cheapy that came free with a tv, and a 510 one-box surround thing) and they both show all various times remaining.

They do it in different ways though, and I imagine it'll be different on yours too, as it's a recent model. But still, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to do it.

As I mentioned earlier, the ones I have cycle through the timers. If you can display any timer, there's a chance that you'll be able to access time remaining in the same way. Either by pressing the same button again, using one of the directional buttons, or pressing enter or something else, to cycle through the various timers..

Why not email Panasonic directly?

A

Anonymous

thanks a lot for your reply. I have e-mailed Panasonic but heard nothing back from them yet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts