Klipsch Forte 3.... oh yeah!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
JBL LSR 708P

- american with oodles of pedigree

- high quality TOTL custom made dual voice coil woofer and compression driver with proprietary horn design (from M2)

- not obscene in size (yet not small), fits on stands.

- actives with adjustable integrated room DSP

- pro gear that will not lose value like domestic hifi

- work in ANY SPACE brilliantly because of the M2 waveguide

- will go loud without compression more than your hearing can sustain permanent damage

Any other option that beats these?

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Vladimir said:

JBL LSR 708P

- high quality TOTL custom made dual voice coil woofer and compression driver with proprietary horn design (from M2)

- will go loud without compression more than your hearing can sustain permanent damage

If you take it that the smaller jbl705p is same size as our 305s then the 708p is pretty large. Tomorrow ill phone around to see who can demo them.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Vladimir said:
JBL LSR 708P

- will go loud without compression more than your hearing can sustain permanent damage

If you take it that the smaller jbl705p is same size as our 305s then the 708p is pretty large. Tomorrow ill phone around to see who can demo them.

Dude, the 308s are HUGE and the 708P are even slightly taller. This is why I didn't buy 308 and went for 305s. The little ones can double down as standalone or desktop. 308 & 708 look big and chunky even on speaker stands.

LSR 308 - Dimensions (HxWxD) 419 mm x 254 mm x 308 mm

LSR 708P - Dimensions (HxWxD) 438 mm x 248 mm x 292 mm

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
lindsayt said:
Something that's not a small 2 way ported speaker with an 8" mid-bass driver?

Something not powered by Class D amplification?

12" woofer + compression drivers 3 way actives with class AB amplification for under 4K, available for demo. Suggest some specific models.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Vladimir, start a new thread and I'll give you plenty of suggestions for better sounding speakers for the money than those JBL's. If you click on the link in post #43 of this thread you'll see the sort of thing I'd suggest.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
lindsayt said:
Vladimir, start a new thread and I'll give you plenty of suggestions for better sounding speakers for the money than those JBL's. If you click on the link in post #43 of this thread you'll see the sort of thing I'd suggest.

Doesn't fit the criteria I listed. Name ONE that does.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Vladimir, well you did ask in post #51 "Any other option beats these?"

You didn't ask "Any other option beats these with the stupidly arbitrary self imposed conditions of them being active, 3 ways, available to demo?"

A pair of EV Sentry III's with a stupid active crossover and a stack of 3 amps matches your criteria. Available to demo courtesy of myself. Happy now?

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
lindsayt said:
Vladimir, well you did ask in post #51 "Any other option beats these?"

You didn't ask "Any other option beats these with the stupidly arbitrary self imposed conditions of them being active, 3 ways, available to demo?"

A pair of EV Sentry III's with a stupid active crossover and a stack of 3 amps matches your criteria. Available to demo courtesy of myself. Happy now?

Yes. *preved*

If I was Andrew I'd be tempted. Those are badass 300 lbs TV speakers.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I want to hear guitar ON THAT.

0JlWTWY.jpg

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Those sound big.

The ev sentry speaker has a lovely top end
Very live sounding
My only concern is possible fatigue over longer sessions/time or certain distance. But id need longer time with this sort of speaker to judge honest. By memory on first listen sounds out of this world for live in the room sounds. And does not need a 50kg amp

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts