Question Kenwood ka-v3700 amp terminals

rashnxt004

Feb 7, 2023
Visit site
Hi
i recently acquired an old Kenwood ka-v3700 amp. Banana plugs seem to be a bit too big for the output terminals. Its looks like a spring loaded connector.. but there are no springs its more like a switch connector.
Wondering what type of connectors i should be using.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20230129_234450.jpg
    20230129_234450.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 11
Bare wire for this old skool 90's effort.
Yes, they’re designed for bare wire. Press the red or black button, put the wire in, and release.

The other rare option, is ‘pin’ connectors, which have a little notch cut in them to make them more secure. However, I’d stick with freshly stripped bare wire, which you should twist firmly before inserting and ensure there are no stray wires that might short the other terminal.

Reactions: Al ears

Gray

The other rare option, is ‘pin’ connectors, which have a little notch cut in them to make them more secure.
Yes, I bought some of those 2mm plugs to use with the spring clip connectors on my little class D amps (to allow frequent trouble-free reconnections).

I think these Kenwood connectors are the (unsprung) type that 'toggle' between open and clamped down - making bare wire the best option.

Yes, I bought some of those 2mm plugs to use with the spring clip connectors on my little class D amps (to allow frequent trouble-free reconnections).

I think these Kenwood connectors are the (unsprung) type that 'toggle' between open and clamped down - making bare wire the best option.
as stated care is needed to twist multicore cable very tightly for these type of connections, either that or solder them or use single core cables.

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts