KEF R500 or B It will be the KEF but with which CDP?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

peterpan

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Decision made; it will be the KEF R500. I also need a cdp. But which? A player above the Marantz cd 6005 which is not bright in the treble.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
They are not turntables, they are CD players. The differences (if any) will be miniscule. I personally prefer a matching set of amp and cd from the same manufacturer. In addition to the aesthetics I know they are matched well for output and impedance.

As for the reviews, hi-fi reviewers exagerate ants into elephants. Otherwise they would have to get real jobs.

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
It's a big mistake to base your decision on reviews , Rotel RCD 1520 got a medicore review on WHF after I made a demo

at my home I found that it is excellent CDP and bought it .

+1 from me for Exposure 3010s2 CDP .

peterpan

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Or the new Arcam cds27; cdp and streamimng in one. I don't streaming at the moment, but more and more people do and maybe is this Arcam interessant

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
At the moment the Musical Fidelity M6 CDP is being reduced in price when I get a chance I am going to give one a home dem as I thought about buying one when I first got my M6i but at the time it was a bit over budget . I thought the M6CDP was a better all round cdp than the Roksan Caspian ,it was kinder to poor recordings IMHO

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
peterpan said:
Or the new Arcam cds27; cdp and streamimng in one. I don't streaming at the moment, but more and more people do and maybe is this Arcam interessant

Yes, it makes sense to go for a CDP that has streaming capabilities too. No point going for a pure CDP in this day and age. Other than the Arcam, you can also consider the Marantz SA8005 or the Audiolab 8200CD.

boshk

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
congrats on speakers PP.

What DAC are you using now? You are considering the above CDPs for their better DAC and/or streaming ability?

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
peterpan said:

A very interesting option, but I'm a bit of an Arcam fanboy.

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
toyota man said:
At the moment the Musical Fidelity M6 CDP is being reduced in price when I get a chance I am going to give one a home dem as I thought about buying one when I first got my M6i but at the time it was a bit over budget . I thought the M6CDP was a better all round cdp than the Roksan Caspian ,it was kinder to poor recordings IMHO

The Musical Fidelity M6 CDP is ecxellent option .Very deep , detailed and rich sound .

TRENDING THREADS