KEF or MA Floor speakers ?

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
Hi all. got CA 640 V2 amp and cd players. I am leaning towards KEF IQ9 and MA RS6 speakers, RS6 is clearly the winner in every review and got awards too, but KEF IQ9 is also strong a contender or may be not. Pls suggest the winner among these two speakers and the reasons.

A

Anonymous

Hi there,

I run a Yamaha receiver and a CA 640 V1 CDP with the MA RS6 's . I use them with off air TV, movies and stereo music, and must say that I'm very happy with this configuration. Although the yammie isn't up to speed in the bass department (not very controlled, tight bass), the overall experience is very good. I'm thinking about switching it for a CA of Arcam stereo amp in the future.

From what I know about the kefs, they are very good, but not worth the extra money to the MA's. In fact, they're worse! They are quite large too, compared to the MA's. Last of all, I prefer the looks of the MA's to those of the Kefs. real wood vineer simply does it all!

Very well recommended! good luck!

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I have a pair of KEF IQ9's as the fronts of my set up and I think they are the DOGS @@@@@@S as to pardon the pun(full list of equipment below) And have had them for alomst 2 years now and personally think they are well worth the money especially as you can get them for under the original £800 price tag of when I got mine. Here is a photo of mine http://whathifi.co.uk/forums/t/589.aspx

A

Anonymous

The IQ9s aren't as bright as the MA RS6 I believe - if I was given the option I would pick the IQ9s.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I'd go for the M/A RS6's every time.

I have mine matched with an Arcam alpha 9 integrated amp which is very fast and taut bass wise, smooth midrange and clear/crisp treble.

The CA amp will be along the sames lines so it will tone down the 'slightly forward' treble that the M/A RS6's have.

I dont like KEF speakers full-stop. I'm not a massive fan of the UNI-Q 'integrated treble with the mid-range drivers' that they have. Just dont think they sound good at all.

I auditioned the KEF IQ5SE's against B&W 684's and the Monitor Audio RS6's and the KEFs sounded bloody awful. Muddy bass, poor treble and the midrange was all over the place.

All i can say is go for the M/A's every time, or maybe consider B&W's but leave the KEFs well alone

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Hughes123"]The IQ9s aren't as bright as the MA RS6 I believe - if I was given the option I would pick the IQ9s.[/quote]

will CA combo pair with IQ9 well ? from reviews here RS6 goes well with CA combo, that's what they say.

A

Anonymous

As you can see everyone has their own opinion. The KEFs and the Monitor Audios are both very different loudspeakers tonally and really deserve a listening session at your local retailer. Both have received a number of great reviews and awards but only your own ears can make the right decision. It's a lot of money you're laying down here; get into a demo room and get it right - for you.
Regards, Alex Foxon.

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Alex Foxon"]As you can see everyone has their own opinion. The KEFs and the Monitor Audios are both very different loudspeakers tonally and really deserve a listening session at your local retailer. Both have received a number of great reviews and awards but only your own ears can make the right decision. It's a lot of money you're laying down here; get into a demo room and get it right - for you.

Regards, Alex Foxon.
[/quote]

Oh! KEF reference manager replying my query, thanx. Sure i will demo these two speakers with my amp sooner or later.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
The Q9 get my vote as they are more of a all rounder pair therefore they will fit into wide range of system + many deals to be had out there so don't spend the full rrp price.

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Thaiman"]
The Q9 get my vote as they are more of a all rounder pair therefore they will fit into wide range of system + many deals to be had out there so don't spend the full rrp price.
[/quote]

I need to demo both RS6 and IQ9, let me see which makes me happier. thanx.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="vinod_david"]I need to demo both RS6 and IQ9, let me see which makes me happier. thanx.[/quote]

Let us know your findings - always interested to know other people's views, and I may be in the same position in a few weeks..

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="fatboyslimfast"][quote user="vinod_david"]I need to demo both RS6 and IQ9, let me see which makes me happier. thanx.[/quote]

Let us know your findings - always interested to know other people's views, and I may be in the same position in a few weeks..
[/quote]

Sure i will.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts