Question Kef ls50wireless 2 with external dac (sound better!)

danielgregori

Jul 13, 2021
Visit site
Hello, friends! I found that when an external device with dac is connected via aux, the sound quality of the kef ls50 wireless 2 improves significantly! This acoustics has a good amplifying part, but if you make the dac a separate device, you can get an excellent solution with the convenience of wireless (a cool application with a very sensitive equalizer and adaptation to the room) and the ability to improve the sound using an external dac device. However, I now have a fairly budget player, and even it gives an improvement in sound. A question for those who have Astell&Kern sp2000 (as a standard among players) and some kind of external good desktop dac (for example Teac nt505x), please listen this 2 options, is there a big difference between the best portable and a good desktop solution to your ears with this option of connecting them to the speakers as I wrote above? The desktop version should connect RCA to RCA/3.5mm, portable just 3.5-3.5.

I myself want to listen to these options in the store, but maybe someone compared a good portable player with a good desktop version and has already made some conclusions.

Last edited:

Deliriumbassist

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
All you're doing is adding whatever character the external DAC has to the proceedings - the analogue input of KEF's active speakers converts there signal to digital and goes through its own DACs right before the amplifiers. Otherwise you wouldn't have all the DSP etc.

Reactions: bobdobbs

danielgregori

Jul 13, 2021
Visit site
All you're doing is adding whatever character the external DAC has to the proceedings - the analogue input of KEF's active speakers converts there signal to digital and goes through its own DACs right before the amplifiers. Otherwise you wouldn't have all the DSP etc.
Yes, that's right, and that's why I'm interested in the question of which external DAC will sound better, portable Astell & Kern 2000 or some desktop options, such as teac nt-505-x. And how big will be the difference. At this stage, I'm using a fairly simple hi-res player as an external DAC, and the difference is already obvious. But I will find it out in a few days and write to this chat, maybe it will be useful to someone.

TRENDING THREADS