KEF ls50 - Highly Recommended

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

I am selling mine 1 week old

keenly1@aol.com

[Unpublished - House Rules]

alchemist 1

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
alchemist 1 said:
They're here !!!!!........ :O

Well? Well? Well?!

You should've popped upstairs - I was setting them up in a 5.1 system... :twisted:

Sorry David did'nt know. Wish i had known, five times the pleasure.!

I've only had chance to listen for about an hour, but by heck these little blighters can't half sing !!!!! :O :O

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
alchemist 1 said:

I've only had chance to listen for about an hour, but by heck these little blighters can't half sing !!!!! :O :O

You mean two and a half times... :)

They sound great out of the box, but they get so much better :)

I was picking out bits of the Dark Knight, which were sounding stunning, and very dynamic. Watched Black Swan again at home tonight - great audio on that too - the music swells, rather than just gets louder like it does on most systems.

alchemist 1

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
alchemist 1 said:

You mean two and a half times... :)

They sound great out of the box, but they get so much better :)

I was picking out bits of the Dark Knight, which were sounding stunning, and very dynamic. Watched Black Swan again at home tonight - great audio on that too - the music swells, rather than just gets louder like it does on most systems.

Yes, 2.5. :) They have the detail of ATC'S but deliver it in such a fun way.

David, how long do you reckon these little jems will need to run in.? Still in :O !

alchemist 1 said:
They have the detail of ATC'S but deliver it in such a fun way.

Hi alchemist 1

Good to hear that you recall the transparency of ATC monitors
smiley-cool.gif

Btw, ATC monitors have not been designed to reproduce soundtracks in a 'fun' manner. ATC monitors are engineered to be low distortion flat and honest designs which reproduce (amongst their other qualities) the stability and the power of the sound in a controlled, uncoloured and natural manner
smiley-smile.gif

Anyway, you can also find out more about some of the engineering involved in ATC monitors here http://www.atcloudspeakers.co.uk/downloads/CompanyProfile.pdf

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
alchemist 1 said:
How have they changed in your view erwin :quest:

They really opened up, more air, more detail, more and tighter bass, better micro and macro dynamics ... . They sound clearly more balanced now than in the beginning.

Jacko

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
alchemist 1 said:

Hi alchemist 1

smiley-cool.gif

Btw, ATC monitors have not been designed to reproduce soundtracks in a 'fun' manner. ATC monitors are engineered to be low distortion flat and honest designs which reproduce (amongst their other qualities) the stability and the power of the sound in a controlled, uncoloured and natural manner
smiley-smile.gif

Anyway, you can also find out more about some of the engineering involved in ATC monitors here http://www.atcloudspeakers.co.uk/downloads/CompanyProfile.pdf

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft
I obviously got a bit confused here....thought for a moment that this was a thread on KEF LS50's ! :?

Jacko said:
MUSICRAFT said:
alchemist 1 said:

Hi alchemist 1

smiley-cool.gif

smiley-smile.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft
I obviously got a bit confused here....thought for a moment that this was a thread on KEF LS50's ! :?

Hi Jacko

For example. You'll also find that most ATC product related threads have also included discussions and recommendations for other manufacturers. Anyway, in this instance I have responded to alchemist 1 in his reference to ATC monitors.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
I'm finding at the moment that amplifiers like the Roksan Kandy, Naim Nait XS, Pioneer A50, and even the little Leema Elements do the LS50's justice, so I'm sure your Pulse will work perfectly well with them.

David, do you think the Naim Nait XS would be an improvement over my Cyrus 6XP or a sidestep?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
ErwinC said:
Last question. ;)

Naim Nait XS or Pioneer A-50/A-70?

Tough one. To me, the LS50's sound more like I feel they should sound on the Pioneer - clean, clear, precise - but some who might want a more characterful sound would choose the Naim. I have to say I like both, and most of my initial listening was via the Nait XS. The Pioneer has price in its side though, and even the A50 did a sterling job (while other £500 amps didn't). The A70 does seem to have better authority than the A50, and you get the advantage of a few digital inputs.

recruit

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I have heard a lot of small bookshelf speakers/monitors in my time and these new Kef's take some beating, probably the best speaker I have heard in a long time, and it takes a lot to impress me.

And I never really liked Kef speakers until I heard these beauties!!

recruit

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
There seems to be quite a number of people who aren't KEF fans who seem to really like the LS50's. Similar with the Blades too.

Well, I'm more of a ProAc man and Wilson Benesch lover, but hearing these little monitors changed my mind about Kef Speakers, whatever they are doing, keep doing it, as they are getting it right :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts