Kef 3005SE vs B&W MT 30 - which is best?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I want a speaker system for Home Cinema which is also decent with music and my wife is not keen on (in her words) "Big, Boxy" Speakers.

So far my local Hi-Fi shop has demonstrated the B&W MT-30 system which sounded great and fulfilled my wife's style criteria. The only problem really is the price.

My local shop cannot demonstrate the KEF package which seems to get good reviews.

Does the KEF package come anywhere close to the MT-30 in sound quality?

Will I get similar sound from the KEF package which is considerably cheaper?

Comments and alternative suggestions welcomed.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We gave both Awards last year, and stressed we thought the B&W MT-30 package was worth its £575 premium over the KEF KHT3005SE set-up.

Interestingly, the KEF beats the B&W MT-20 package that uses the same satellite speakers as the MT-30 package: it's the MT-30's use of the superlative PV1 subwoofer (an Award winner in its own right) that makes the key difference.

So, in short - yes, the KEF is excellent (we wouldn't have given it Product of the Year otherwise!), but if you want a home cinema experience with even more punch, agility and pace, the MT-30 is a superb next-step-up solution.

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare

Thanks for the advice. The MT-30 did sound fantastic in the demo room - just wanted to make sure I couldn't get the same quality for less money !

Much appreciated.

PJ1200

Jan 4, 2008
Visit site
Clare - does that mean that if you had the KEF package with the PV1 you would also have an excellent surround sound package??
I note that the weak area often talked about with the KEF setup is the sub.
Just wondering if this has ever been tested??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts