Just some general Squeezebox duet questions.

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
When the music is streamed is it actually being played on the laptop and if so in what media player (is it a squeezebox one?)

Can you adjust the volume on the controller or is it streamed at line level?

If you had two boxes (in seperate rooms) can you use the one controller?

If you had two boxes could you listen to different music in each room as well as in sync (I presume if you can a setting will need to be changed and you need another controller)?

That's it for now
emotion-2.gif

Matt

nads

good question, I dont use the Duet. ( But there have been issues BUT they also say that these have been fixed with a recent Firmware update).

and yes the Squeezebox is the player the storage device is just that a storage device.

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
One more Q - what is the DAC on the squeezebox like? How would it compare to a DAC in a budget CDP say Cambridge Audio Azur 640C v.2?

Matt

A

Anonymous

Hi Mattjax05

I just set up a duet in my house at the weekend. I had an existing wireless g network where the computer was upstairs and the router was in the livingroom (connected to the duet receiver via ethernet). No issues so far, you can change from a song on one album to a completely different one instantaneously - it's almost like it new which tune you were going to choose! Can't say what it would be like if the receiver was connected wirelessly though.

The DACs in the reciever are 24bit Wolfson, although I connected both the analogue and digital outs to my Pioneer receiver and decided to use the DACs in my receiver. I would totally recommend the duet though....

Cheers.

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for your comments.

What is the best type of network to connect the squeezebox to? If I just have the one laptop can I connect to a wireless LAN instead of through my router's internet connection (which can lose signal sometimes!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts