just knocked my needle

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
taking a record off and putting back in the sleeve i slipped and bent the end and totally bent the needle sounds like a dogs dinner then. So i guess i will need a new cartridge i had the ortofon3e. i want it back up and running asap but am short on cash as im going on a stag weekend soon i can muster together £35 i guess is they any that would be ok to get my by say 4months and go with the genie2 many thanks simon

gwynne61

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Is it only the stylus damaged, a new stylus is around £32 for you. If the cartridge isn't damaged then this looks your best option given your limited budget.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
im not sure the metal thing that the needle is on is all bent and sits slighlty left off centre and the tiny needle looks blunt really guted its seems that for £32 i could spend alittle more and get a 5e would that make sense or is there little sq differance

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
after leaving a record on for while it is back to normal it does not sit right but once on the record it finds its place and the needle looks fine now i have dragged a light over it just bent the thin metal bit a touch.

Henley

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
You have bent the cantilever (allunimium tube that holds the diamond)which is part of the stylus assembly. By bending it back into position it may work for a short while but will fall off soon. I would be amazed if you had damaged the cartridge so just buy a replacement stylus.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i know you cant promote yourselfs but could you please ;post a link to your website so i can look at prices for a 3e stylus. Are they hard to replace or do i need to get a dealer to do it.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Clickety for price list. And on that cartridge the stylus assembly just pulls out and you can then slide the new one in.

By the way, I wouldn't use your cartridge until you have replaced the stylus - you could be damaging your records.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i really have made it sound like i dont care for my kit i do i just have all my hifi kit under the stairs so after a few drinks it can be be a tight room to move in lol. I wont play anymore for a week. glad its easy many thanks.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
sorry to keep pestering you lot but i see the whole thing is £37.50 but they only sell stylus for the 5 or 5e not the 3e would the 5e stylus fit the 3e cartridge

Henley

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
smuggs:i know you cant promote yourselfs but could you please ;post a link to your website so i can look at prices for a 3e stylus. Are they hard to replace or do i need to get a dealer to do it.

It's a shame we can't post a link (Mods, is that correct) but a quick google search will find us

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts