Just how good are the Ruark MR1 mk2?

RC82

May 4, 2020
Visit site
Hi there,

I need a solution for hifi sound but in a very 'compromised' environment...

In our main living room I need a discrete system that will blend in with all-white furniture and TV, that I can use to give improved sound from the TV, but that delivers a genuinely listenable, musical performance when listening to music.

Reason being there is zero appetite from the other half for the newly furnished room to have big obvious units on display (which I get).

Obvious candidates are the above Ruarks, but I am also considering the Dali Spektor 1s in white, with something like the NAD D 3020 v2 as a fairly discrete (but effective) option to drive them.

The NAD/Dali combo would be more ££, but would it sound significantly better? I'm drawn to that option due to future upgradability.

The Ruarks get great reviews but doesn't anyone have hands on experience of them? Room is approx 4m x 4m. Listen to various musical styles, and often krank up the volume.

Obviously answer is to demo them, but just gathering opinions at this stage.

Thanks

RC82

May 4, 2020
Visit site
How did you intend to connect the Ruarks to the TV?
obviously the NAD combo would give you far more flexibility and, in my opinion would sound better

Optical

I could use the TV as a source for airplay streaming, but have a blu ray player (with project dac box S2+) for playing physical discs.

Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts