Just done a stupid thing

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Thats BS its works fine in multiple softwares and apps that I have used to control my library such as Jriver and Jremote, Kinsky, Kazoo from Linn and Bubble DS Next - all work perfectly

If there was an issue I wouldnt use it, I would use flac but there is no issue it works perfectly - look at my you tube channel demo videos - every song is a wav rip and every song has metadata information and artwork unless its an obscure disc and I havent been bothered to enter it manually.

I rip in DBPoweramp I dont play back in it

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
ellisdj said:
steve_1979 said:
ellisdj said:
Supports them perfectly that is the old days when flac made sense for local stored rips

I mean that WAV does not support tagging and artwork.

Thats what I meant it does the metadata same as flac so you get artwork and tagging the same

Nope: Clicky

It may appear to display fine on the software that you create it in because that software can make it's own database to work along side your WAV files but as soon as you try to use the WAV files elsewhere the tagging and artwork disappear.

FLAC, ALAC, MP3 or AAC have all of the tagging and artwork inluded as part of the files themselves meaning that when you copy and use them on another music player or computer everything still displays perfectly. Tagging and artwork with WAV files is massively limited by comparison because it needs a separate database linked to your files in order to work. WAV files can not include artwork within their own file.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
Andrewjvt said:
That's exactly what I do just hit shuffle.

I do that a lot too.

It's fun to jump from AC/DC to Mozart to Eminem to Ella Fitzgerald.

I love it like that
Always a surprise and I enjoy random tracks I was not expecting or heard for a while.
Also new albums take longer to.get used to and sick off at the same time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts