Just curious. How many forum members are not UK Native?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

stefanom said:
Reykjavik, Iceland
I have just been there! I went swimming in the Blue Lagoon - very nice! Have you done it?

Rethep

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Al ears said:
Rethep said:
No Scottisch, Irish or Welshmen ? Or someone from Gibraltar ? ;-)

..... and it is Scottish ...... signed A. Pedant

I'm sorry, mister 'Scotsman'. It is hard for us Dutchmen not to mix up the languages (English, French, German) of all the countries surrounding us.

Rethep said:
Al ears said:
Rethep said:

I'm sorry, mister 'Scotsman'. It is hard for us Dutchmen not to mix up the languages (English, French, German) of all the countries surrounding us.

Yes I understand, just having a joke. We English are great ones for mixing up languages too...
regular_smile.gif

Rethep

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Al ears said:
Rethep said:
Al ears said:
Rethep said:

Yes I understand, just having a joke. We English are great ones for mixing up languages too...

You mean like mixing 'Irish', 'Welsh', 'Scottish', 'Gaelic', 'Cockney' etc. language ? ;-)

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
My lineage is from a line of Welsh farmers from Azerbaijan.

That's a bl##dy long lineage: about 5900 miles there and back, and a good five days' non-stop driving, according to Google Maps. Mind you, you might get held up a bit longer in the roadworks along the A4 through Germany and Poland...

tinkywinkydipsylalapo said:
plastic penguin said:
My lineage is from a line of Welsh farmers from Azerbaijan.

That's a bl##dy long lineage: about 5900 miles there and back, and a good five days' non-stop driving, according to Google Maps. Mind you, you might get held up a bit longer in the roadworks along the A4 through Germany and Poland...

No not really. English born and bred.

Having just finished family connections on my dad's side, my ancestors originated, so I'm told, from a part of East Prussia, which later became Poland. Having only gone back to the early 19th Century, I've found no connection.

Looking back to the Kent and Sussex area, there's some connection with sheep rustlers -- they were subsequently carted off to Australia.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts