Just bought...

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
2 x Clearer Audio Copperline Alpha mains cables for my CDP and amp (figure of 8 adapter for the CDP as well) 1 x Chord Crimson plus interconnect for my new tuner 1 x Denon TU260 Mk1 tuner in the champagne/silver finish (it's gorgeous); won it for £8.50 on eBay and that includes shipping! [:|] The tuners here already and plugged in; sounds great but it'll be better with a better interconnect (the Chord Crimson) as I've just got a cheapy free one on it currently... I'll update in the next few days re differences [:)]

A

Anonymous

DAN enjoy the tuner, as the denons are fantastic. I have had the Mk1, 2 1500ae then upgraded to the creek. The denons gave me 17 years good service, now my bro has the mk1 in OZ and my dad has the mk2.

Well done dude, enjoy!

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Cheers Sir
emotion-5.gif

I've had the Denon TU260 MkII before (a few time actually) but you can NEVER find them in Silver!

The MkI came up on eBay so I sat and waited
emotion-2.gif

I did look at the TU1500 and the TU1800 but didnt want to spend that much money on a tuner that will onlt get used on Friday evenings and over the weekend...

Plus I'm not bothered re RDS so the TU250 MkI was bob-on
emotion-5.gif

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Owned my Denon TU-260L for 21 years (I don't know how to tell if it's a Mk1 or Mk2), its been faultless & I've never felt the need to upgrade - love the sound quality it gets out of Radio 3.
emotion-2.gif

BTW, is it my ears or default antipathy to Daily Mail Aspirants' FM (aka Classic FM), but is Radio 3's sound quality superior to Classic's?

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
The cables arrived yesterday and made a good difference straight away so I'm glad it's been a good upgrade for me
emotion-5.gif

Thank god for the Chord Crimson interconnect; radio sounds good now and not muffled by the £0.99p Maplin freebie cable I was using haha

d_a_n1979:The cables arrived yesterday and made a good difference straight away so I'm glad it's been a good upgrade for me
emotion-5.gif
Thank god for the Chord Crimson interconnect; radio sounds good now and not muffled by the £0.99p Maplin freebie cable I was using haha

What is the main differences with the Crimson, dan?

Isn't everything good value at Maplins?

article-1213642-06721CEF000005DC-753_468x430.jpg

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Deeper bass and a clearer sound all together PP

It did sound muffled but still listen'aqble; now its lush...

Had some Radio 3 classical on yesterday and it was brilliant; had a bit of Radio 1 on last night and it was a great sound
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS